If they accrue TOIL, the employee can request TOIL on the TOIL policy, this is the days they worked.
The Manager will then be sent a notification to approve the request.
Note: right now you can only book half and full days. Time off in hours is coming soon.
Setting up a TOIL policy
- Add a new policy in Time Off > Settings
- Call it TOIL, set it to Earned Allowance, given at the start of the year
- Set the balance to 0, and allow booking on non working days
- You can decide if you require approval
- Do not allow carry over
You can adjust your team members' holiday balance to match their TOIL requests. We recommend doing this monthly. Here's how:
- Using the People's Time Off tab, add the TOIL policy with the red column picker button
- Where TOIL has been requested, the balance will display as a negative number - the days the employee is owed
- Take this balance and add it back to their holiday policy by selecting their name and using Actions > Adjust Balance and selecting the holiday policy. Set the date of the TOIL as the effective date
- Now reset the TOIL policy for next time. Use Actions > Adjust Balance, this time select the TOIL policy. Set the balance to 0 effective today.
- Repeat this process each month