Using data mapping for provisioning integrations gives you control over how data is pushed from Bob to a third-party system.
Before you begin
Make a list of which Bob fields will be mapped to which fields in the third-party system.
You can either map individual Bob fields or create a formula to map a combination of Bob fields (plus text if required) to any of the third party system’s fields.
- Individual field mapping: The Job title field in Bob may be mapped to the Job field in a third party system.
- Formula mapping: A formula containing a combination of the following Bob fields may be mapped to the Address field in a third party system: Address Line 1, Address Line 2, City and Zip Code.
- Formula mapping containing a combination of text and fields: A formula containing the following may be mapped to the Address field in a third party system: “The address is Address Line 1, Address Line 2, City and Zip Code”
How to access data mapping for provisioning integrations
- From the left menu, select Settings > Integrations.
- Click Provisioning.
- In the integration tile, click Manage.
- The data is mapped in the Data mapping section.
How to map the data
Initially, the default mapping will be shown in the data mapping section.
Note: Mandatory fields in the third party system, e.g. ‘First name,’ will be grayed out and cannot be edited or removed.
To customize the data mapping:
- Click the Edit icon.
- In the Mapping type column, select either Field or Formula.
- In the Bob data column:
- If Field was selected in Mapping type, select one Bob field.
- If Formula was selected in Mapping type, select multiple Bob fields and insert any required text between the fields.
- In the <Integration> field column, select the third-party field that the Bob field or formula will be mapped to.
- Click +Add field to add another row.
- Click Save.
When the mapping is saved, all admins will receive a notification confirming that the data mapping has been updated.
If you have created custom fields in JumpCloud they will not appear in the list of available fields to map to.
However, you can create a new custom field in JumpCloud directly from the provisioning settings in Bob and map it to any Bob field.
- Click + Add field.
- In the Bob data column, select the Bob field.
- In the JumpCloud field column, select Custom field 1 (or 2-10).
When the data is synced, a new custom field will be created in JumpCloud with the same name as the Bob field.
Note: If you do not have permissions to map certain fields you will need to ask an admin to complete the mapping process. For example, an IT specialist may not be given permission to map salary fields.
How to manually sync the data
Like any other provisioning integration, the data is pushed to the third-party platform when events such as a new hire or change in employee details occur.
However, you are also able to manually sync the data for all or a specific group of employees. This can be used in situations such as immediately after mapping the fields.
To sync the data:
- In the Manual syncs section, click Sync now.
- In the Choose which employees to sync popup, either:
- Leave the All employees radio button selected to sync the data of all employees.
- Select the Select by name radio button, click the Select dropdown and check the box next to the name(s) of specific employees.
Tip: We recommend you first push a sync with one or two employees to validate the data. Then push a sync for the rest.
- Click Sync.
The Sync status column shows the current status of the sync:
In Progress: the data is currently being synced.
Completed: the sync was completed successfully.
Completed with failures: some employees’ details were synced successfully and others were not.
Sync failed: the sync was completed and no employee details were synced successfully.
- When the sync is completed all admiuns will receive a notification confirming the status of the sync.
To download the sync details, click the Download icon.
If the sync Failed or was Completed with failures the report will contain details of the employees whose sync failed and the reasons for the failure.
The Synced records table shows a list of all employees whose details were synced.
You can also see details of why a sync failed by clicking the three-dot menu at the end of the row in Synced records and selecting Details.