Create the attributes that will appear in each position in the position management area. The default mandatory attributes include Position ID, Effective Date, Expected Start Date, FTE %, Department, and Site. You can edit the name of each of these default attributes. Create custom attributes that help complete the position details, such as a text, text area, date, number, list, currency, or employee reference field.
Note: The Manager position ID is a crucial attribute in creating your company’s org structure and makes sure that managers have visibility of their positions.
How to create custom position attributes
- From the left menu, select Settings > Position settings.
- Click + Add attribute.
- Enter an Attribute name.
- Select the Attribute type from the dropdown menu.
- Enter an Attribute description (optional).
- Mark the checkbox Mandatory attribute if you’d like to require the attribute to be filled out when creating a new position.
- Click Save.
How to edit list type position attributes
The default list types are Position type, Employment type, and Department but you can also create your own custom list types and edit the default list items.
- From the left menu, select Settings > position attributes.
- Click the three-dot menu to the right of the List attribute types, and click Edit.
- Edit the name of the attribute type (optional).
- Click Manage, then Add and enter the name of the list item.
- Click Save then click Save again.
Note: You can change the name, description, and list items but cannot change the field type.
How do I delete a position attribute?
From the left menu, select Settings > Position settings. To delete an attribute, click the three-dot menu to the right of the attribute. Select Delete, type DELETE in the text area, then click Delete. You cannot delete the default, mandatory fields needed to create a position.
Note: When deleting a position attribute, the data isn’t saved as it is in employee fields. There is no Archive, only Delete.
Why can’t I edit a Manager position ID or Job?
As these are calculated fields (data taken from existing fields), they are auto-generated and cannot be edited.