Are you currently hiring, or do you plan to hire in the future?
Whether you’re expecting positive or negative growth, ensure the visibility of your current and future workforce. See exactly how many positions have been filled, and compare them with your vacant positions.
If you're new to Workforce planning, see the Workforce planning glossary.
FYI: This module is available only for accounts that have purchased Workforce planning. To learn more, see Workforce planning.
Get the most out of Bob
As defined by market needs, whether it’s planning for due diligence, for investment purposes, an upcoming IPO, or on an as-needed basis, Workforce planning is an essential process for Business and Sales:
- It enables the efficient and smart management of current and future hires.
- It streamlines internal growth by HR, the CFO, the Financial planning and analysis (FP&A) team, and managers.
Your company plans to launch 10 new features by next year, and is expecting major growth—with new sites opening in Japan, Africa, and England. To achieve this goal, you’ll need to consider the current number of days it takes to release a feature and the corresponding number of R&D developers needed, with varying levels of seniority. Work together, with the relevant collaborators from each site, department, or team, and decide on the exact positions needed, how many, and by when with Workforce planning.
How to complete the workforce planning process
- Make the most effective current and future workforce decisions using Workforce planning’s snapshot of the number of Positions available for certain Jobs. Ensure that your Job Catalog is updated.
Note: A company’s Job Catalog contains a comprehensive list of all job types. Once you’ve set up your Job Catalog, you’ll be able to associate Jobs with Positions.Position: The open seats you have. For example, your HR team has five HRBP positions, and they all have the same job. However, they are different job levels.Job: This is the name of the role and the levels that are associated with it. Jobs are part of your core HR experience. For example, there are two Senior HRBPs and three Junior HRBPs.
- Set up permissions for workforce planning.
- Create and customize your Position attributes
- Assign positions for both filled and vacant positions. To learn more, see How to import and assign positions in bulk, below.
- Add and manage new positions, view vacant positions, and review positions’ histories with Position management. You’ll also be able to view and edit an employee’s position within the hierarchy, see an employee’s assignments’ history, and track position assignments using the effective dates from the employee profile.
- Invite managers to submit headcount requirements, review and approve a collaborative recruitment plan, and streamline all Position management changes through a Workforce planning event. and learn how to Manage and approve Workforce planning Worksheets.
How to import and assign positions in bulk
Import positions in bulk first, then repeat the process to assign positions to employees in bulk.
- Click Settings > Import.
- Click Get the template to download the template for your data.
- Click Import when your spreadsheet is prepared.
- Choose your upload method:
- Click Upload data file to select your file, then click Done.
- Drag and drop your file to upload your completed spreadsheet, then click Done.
- Select from your uploaded files to upload an existing file from the Import drive, then click Continue.
- If your file has multiple sheets, select the sheet you'd like to upload data from in the dropdown menu.
- Click Next.
Your data will be validated.
- If there were errors in your spreadsheet, click Download and fix to correct the errors detailed in the spreadsheet, then re-upload your data.
- Once your data is validated, click Next to import the data.
Your data will be imported. Please feel free to leave the platform while the import is in progress. You'll receive an email when the import is complete.
- When the import is complete, click Go back to import page to continue with other imports or click Submit a support ticket if your data could not be successfully imported.