Need to find out what employees want for an office lunch? Want to ask a certain office where the next off-site should be? Want to scope interest for a company benefit?
Send out a poll! Having this kind of real-time information will make it much easier for you and your managers to regularly get feedback from employees in a fun and engaging way.
How to create a poll
- From the left menu, select Home.
- Click Create a poll.
- From the dropdown menu, select your audience, then click Apply.
Tip: Make your poll audience specific by choosing a Site to post a local vote.
- Enter a poll title (with up to 1024 characters).
- Write your poll question.
Tip: Mention someone using an @ tag, click the style icons below the text box to format your poll, hyperlink text, and add emojis.
- To add a visual to your poll (optional), click Add image, drag and drop your image(s) or click browse files to select up to 10 images, click Upload, then click Done.
- To add a document to your poll (optional), click Add Document, drag and drop your document(s) or click browse files to select up to 10 documents (totaling up to 1 GB in total size), click Upload, then click Done.
Note: You can add images or documents, but not both.
- Write answer options. Click Add answer to add more answer options (up to 20 options).
- Click Post when you're ready to share your poll.
The posted poll will now appear along with other posts on the Home page and be visible to the selected audience. Each employee can only vote once and polls are open for 14 days.
Tip: Click Preview to view your poll, then edit it as needed before you post it.
How to set permissions for creating polls
Admins can give people permission to create polls and other types of posts.
Note: Anyone with permission to post Shoutouts can also post Polls.
- From the left menu, select Settings > Roles & Permissions.
- From the permission group you'd like to manage, click Manage group.
- In Manage permissions, select the Company tab.
- Select Shoutouts > Posts.
- Enable or disable Compose Shoutouts, Comment on shoutouts, and Pin shoutouts.
Tip: Give All employees the permission to compose and comment on shoutouts, but consider allowing only Admins to pin shoutouts.
- Click Save changes to review the changes summary, then click Apply.