1-on-1 meeting tasks are your way to schedule specific 1-on-1 check-in meetings, typically between manager and their direct or indirect reports, aligned with critical lifecycle events to boost communication and retention
FYI: This feature is only available for customers using the Talent module.
How to set up a 1-on-1 task
When creating a 1-on-1 task, the automation skips the typical invite step that takes place when creating a 1-on-1 manually, meaning that both the organizer and invitee will see the 1-on-1 once they are invited and will be able to manage it once the invitation email has been sent.
Note: Before you begin, you must first set up a task list.
- Add a meeting Name.
This will appear as the meeting subject line in the calendar.
Tip: To personalize the message using variables (e.g., a person’s name), click on the + button at the top right of the description box when you’d like to incorporate it in your message, e.g., "Manager’s First Name] / [Employee’s First Name] - 30 day check-in"
- Select who will appear as the event Organizer from the dropdown menu, choosing by role.
Note: The default invitee is the employee.
- Select an Agenda template from the dropdown menu, then click Preview to see its description and talking points.
- Select whether the 1-on-1 meeting will occur before, after, or on the anchor event or selected trigger date using the dropdown menu, then enter the number of Days for task completion after the selected trigger date.
- Enter the Start and End times of the meeting.
- Select on what kind of automation the 1-on-1 invitation will be triggered, either Based on event or Based on dependency.
- Selecting Based on event will base the trigger either on the selected anchor date or the selected option when the task list is triggered manually via the People’s Directory, the employee’s profile, or via a flow.
- Selecting Based on dependency will base the trigger on another task from the task list. Select the desired task from the dropdown menu.
- Select whether the invitation will be triggered before, after, or on using the dropdown menu and enter the number of Days for task completion after the selected trigger date.
Note: Once the invite has been sent, both the organizer and invitee will be able to access the 1-on-1 in their My 1-on-1s page.
- To further configure the particular task based on conditions, enable Set conditions.
- To set a condition, select the desired values in each of the dropdown menus from left to right. Repeat and add as many conditions as you’d like by clicking on + Add condition.
- To edit a condition, click on the relevant dropdown menu and select the desired value, then click Apply.
- To remove a condition, hover over it and click the trash icon that appears to the right of the condition, then click Apply.
- Press Save.
Your event organizer and invitee (i.e. their employee) will be able to access the meeting in their My 1-on-1s page as well as receive emails containing the calendar event once the 1-on-1 task is triggered. Once they respond to the event invitation, sent via email, it will be added to their calendar.
Note: Once an invite is sent out, the calendar invite becomes independent of Bob as an .ics file that is sent via email (e.g. to Gmail, Outlook). When invitees from Bob respond to the invite, they will be able to see the event in their calendars. Continued management of the event can be done from within your company calendar with its own usage rules and guidelines.
Who can change a meeting's details?
Meeting details may be changed by those with permissions, e.g. the meeting organizer, once the meeting is triggered. To learn how to manage a scheduled calendar event, see Manage tasks.
Why was the task triggered on a non-working day?
Event scheduling is based on automatic triggers and therefore does not take into account working patterns. We recommend reviewing the chosen timing to ensure the event does not fall on a weekend or holiday.
How can I track a scheduled 1-on-1 task?
A 1-on-1 task or calendar event’s status is Scheduled in Bob until the invitation is sent. Once sent, this task’s status will change to Triggered in Bob and will appear in the participants’ and organizer’s calendars.