Calendar Event tasks are your way to automate the scheduling of meetings between people in your org, slotting in time for important events
How to set up a calendar event task
Note: Before you begin, you must first set up a task list.
- Add a meeting Name.
This will appear as the meeting subject line in the calendar. To personalize the message using variables (e.g., a person’s name), click on the + button at the top right of the description box when you’d like to incorporate it in your message, e.g., [IT Admin’s First Name] / [Employee’s First Name] - tech setup.
- Select who will appear as the event Organizer from the dropdown menu. Choose by role or search for a specific person.
Note: Only one organizer may be selected.
- Add as many Guests to the meeting as you’d like by marking roles or searching for specific people in your org via the dropdown menu.
Note: Email invitations will be sent to people’s personal email addresses if their employee lifecycle is not Employed or Hired upon the trigger date.
- Enter a meeting Location (optional).
- Write the email message using the rich text editor in the Message field.
- To personalize the message using variables (e.g., a person’s name, particular date), click on the + button at the top right of the description box when you’d like to incorporate it in your message. Scroll or search for a particular variable to enter, e.g. display name, and select the desired variable, e.g. manager’s display name. Repeat as needed.
- Select whether the event task will occur before, after, or on the anchor event or selected trigger date using the dropdown menu, then enter the number of Days for task completion after the selected trigger date.
- To configure the Event Time, choose By hours or All day.
Note: Event Time uses the time zone associated with the selected Organizer’s site.
- If selected By hours, search or scroll for the desired start and end times, set in 30-minute increments.
- Select whether to set the attendees’ Availability to Busy or Free during the event.
- Select on what kind of automation the event invitation will be triggered, either Based on event or Based on dependency.
- Selecting Based on event will base the trigger either on the selected anchor date or the selected option when the task list is triggered manually via the People Directory, the employee’s profile, or via a flow.
- Selecting Based on dependency will base the trigger on another task from the task list. Select the desired task from the dropdown menu.
- Select whether the invitation will be triggered before, after, or on using the dropdown menu and enter the number of Days for task completion after the selected trigger date.
Note: An automatic reminder will be sent two days before the selected due date.
- To further configure the particular task based on conditions, enable Set conditions.
- To set a condition, select the desired values in each of the dropdown menus from left to right. Repeat and add as many conditions as you’d like by clicking on the + Add condition button.
- To edit a condition, click on the relevant dropdown menu and select the desired value, then click Apply.
- To remove a condition, hover over it and click the trash icon that appears to the right of the condition, then click Apply.
- Press Save.
Your event organizer and guests will receive emails containing the calendar event once the task list is triggered, or once the dependent task is complete. Once the guest(s) respond(s) to the event invitation, it will be added to their calendar.