Email tasks help you automate sending of custom emails tied to a specific date or event, a particularly useful way of sending messages and reminders to stakeholders.
How to set up an email task
Note: Before you begin, you must first set up a task list.
- In the From dropdown menu, select the message sender.
- In the To dropdown menu, select the internal recipients. Choose by role(s) or search for specific employee(s).
- To send to an external email, e.g. pension provider, enter the email address in the External Email field and press Enter. Repeat as needed.
- Enter an email subject line in the Subject field.
- Write the email message using the rich text editor in the Body field. To personalize the message using variables (e.g., a person's name, particular date), click on the + button at the top right of the description box when you'd like to incorporate it in your message.
- Scroll or search for a particular variable to enter, e.g. display name, and select the desired variable, e.g. manager's display name. Repeat as needed.
- Select on what kind of automation the task will be triggered either Based on event or Based on dependency.
- Selecting Based on event will base the trigger either on the selected anchor date or the selected option when the task list is triggered manually via the People Directory, the employee's profile, or via a flow.
- Selecting Based on dependency will base the trigger on another task from the task list. Select the desired task from the dropdown menu.
- Enter the number of Days for task completion after the selected trigger date.
- To further configure the particular task based on conditions, enable Set conditions.
- To set a condition, select the desired values in each of the dropdown menus from left to right. Repeat and add as many conditions as you'd like by clicking on the + Add condition button.
- To edit a condition, click on the relevant dropdown menu and select the desired value, then click Apply.
- To remove a condition, hover over it and click the trash icon that appears to the right of the condition, then click Apply.
- Press Save.