Learn how to upload employee photos individually or in bulk to create profile pictures/avatars.
Say “Cheese! A picture is worth a thousand words, especially when it comes to seeing faces on employee profiles. Adding an image to an abstract name creates a sense of connection and familiarity within the company; a very valuable benefit when teams are global and people are working remotely. It is also the quickest way for new employees to identify their colleagues, managers and department heads. Let's get started!
How to import profile pictures in bulk to create employee avatars
Before You Begin
It is imperative that each employee’s photo is named by their work email address, e.g., Gabriel's photo should be named “Gabriel@yourcompany.com.” This action is important because each photo will be assigned to the employee with the matching email. We recommend that the HR team make a special request of their employees; To name their picture with their work email before it is sent to HR, as it will save a lot of manual labor on the admin end.
Once the photos are named, the process of uploading employee pictures to the system is very straightforward:
- From the left menu, select People > Import.
- On the Import page, click Import Employee Photos > Import Photos.
- You can either drag n’ drop files or Browse Files, which will allow you to upload individual/multiple images. If you choose to upload in bulk, then the file type must be a Zip file.
- Click Done. You will receive confirmation that the import was successful.
How to upload individual profile pictures/avatars to Employee profile pages
If you would like to edit/upload the image of a specific employee on their Employee profile page, follow these steps:
- From the left menu, select People > Directory and click the row of the desired employee.
- On the Employee Profile page, click the image of the employee (or the circle with their initials).
- Click Update.
- Choose to drag n’ drop files here or upload files.
- Click Done. The new photo will be updated within a few minutes.
Congratulations, you now know how to import photos and create employee avatars; let those smiles shine.
Need more help? If you’re unsure about anything please submit a ticket and our Customer Experience team will be happy to assist.