HR leaders and managers can easily set up a 1-on-1 meeting using the Talent module. Once a meeting is created, the meeting organizer may make edits and invite the other party to see the meeting from their end.
Get the most out of Bob
Set up a 1-on-1 to schedule your meeting, set the main topic of discussion, and prepare the agenda to help you and your invitee come prepared for the meeting.
How to set up a 1-on-1 meeting
As the person creating the 1-on-1 meeting, you’ll automatically become its Organizer.
- From the left menu, select Talent > 1-on-1s > My 1-on-1s.
- Click + New 1-on-1.
- From the Invitee dropdown, scroll or search for the person you wish to meet.
- Enter the Title of the meeting.
- Select the Date and enter the Start and End times of your meeting.
- Enter a Description of what the invitee can expect to discuss during the meeting.
Tip: Add a link to the description, such as the video conference link, a Google Doc, or link to any Goals in Bob, for example.
- Select the Agenda template from the dropdown.
You have the option to select none and create your own agenda or select one of your organization’s preset templates, e.g. “Career growth and development”.
Tip: Click on Preview to learn what the template is for and what talking points are included.
Great! You now have a draft of the meeting where you may make adjustments to talking points and notes, invite the invitee, as well as delete the meeting. To learn more, see Manage a 1-on-1 meeting.
Note: The date, as well as start and end times, will remain the same in Bob even if the meeting gets rescheduled from your work calendar.
How to invite the invitee to a 1-on-1 meeting
Inviting the other person to the 1-on-1 meeting prompts two actions:
- It makes the meeting page available to them, including the meeting details, description, talking points, and place for their notes via their My 1-on-1s page.
- It creates a calendar meeting for both of you via your work calendar.
Note: The meeting will be displayed as a Draft until the invitation is sent.
- To invite the invitee to the meeting, click Invite now on the blue bar at the top of the page.
- Click Invite to confirm.
To learn more about what you and your invitee can do once they’ve been invited to the meeting, see Manage a 1-on-1 meeting.