For every employee who writes an anonymous report describing concerns or unethical behavior in the workplace, there will be one or more company representatives who receive this report via Your voice; and it is these individuals that will be responsible for moving the case forward. The Open cases KPI is one of a set of vital HR KPIs created in bob to help you track the number of open cases reported by anonymous users.
Located in the KPI Dashboards module under the Your voice category, the Open Cases KPI is very useful for monitoring company trends over time, such as the types of cases reported, how frequently these cases occur and whether there is an overall increase or decrease of open cases within a given date range.
How are Open Cases calculated?
Open cases are calculated by the total number of cases reported by anonymous users that have the status “open” (not “Archived”) at the end of a specified date range. Archived cases will not be included in the calculation.
Note - Cases that were reopened will appear as if they were never closed.
How to use the Open cases KPI
When you head over to the Open cases KPI, you will be able to view the number of open cases anonymously reported by employees for a particular month, quarter, or year with a range of filters and groupings. Data is displayed for each period in the selected time range via color-coordinated, easy-to-read bars and graphs. To get started, follow these steps:
Step 1: Set up category view settings
You can set bob to view KPI data for a particular time period via Date range and View. Whenever you configure these settings, it will impact how all of the KPI categories will be showcased in bob.
Step 2: Configure the Open cases KPI
- Once you’ve arrived to the Open cases chart, click on the Group By dropdown and choose a field e.g., Category
- On the top right of the table you will see a chart icon; click on the arrow ∨ (chevron) to the right of the chart symbol
- Click the subgroups in the legend to deselect them from the view, and click on them again so that they reappear on the chart
- Activate the Over time toggle to see the total sum of KPI data in the selected Date range described in Step 1. This will override the KPI category View setting. Click on the desired chart type:
- Column: vertical layout of data
- Bar: horizontal layout of data
- Area : Waves
- Line: standard lines
- Donut: circular representation of data
Note: certain chart types may not be available in instances where they are irrelevant to the chosen data set.
- Activate the Stacked toggle to view the chart in stacked bars and deactivate to view side-by-side bars
- Activate the Values toggle to showcase the numerical value of the data set. Hover over a colored portion of the chart, e.g. one of the bars in a bar chart or a segment in the donut chart, to reveal the data for the grouping you selected.
- Click Apply
- To reset your chart configurations, click the three dot menu followed by Reset
- To download the chart, click the three dot menu followed by Download and then the file type you’d like to download. You can export a chart as a .png, .jpeg, .pdf or .svg file.
Note: activating or deactivating the Over time toggle impacts the available chart types.
Congratulations, you can now track the number of open cases anonymously reported by employees within your company.
Need more help? If you’re unsure about anything please submit a ticket and our Customer Experience team will be happy to assist.