It’s a great sign when a company is able to manage and address employee concerns quickly and efficiently. The Average time to resolution KPI is one of a set of vital HR KPIs created in bob to help you track the average time it takes for a case in Your voice to go from open to closed - meaning the time it takes from the day the initial message was sent by an anonymous employee to the day the case was archived.
Located in the KPI Dashboards module under the Your voice category, the Average time to resolution KPI is very useful for monitoring company trends over time, such as the types of cases reported, the time it takes each representative to bring a case to resolution and whether there is an overall increase or decrease of Average time to resolution within a given date range.
Average time to resolution KPI is calculated by adding the sum of every case’s individual time to resolution/ divided by the number of total cases.
How to use the Average time to resolution KPI
When you head over to the Average time to resolution KPI, you will be able to view the Average time to resolution for cases within a particular month, quarter, or year with a range of filters and groupings. Data is displayed for each period in the selected time range via color-coordinated, easy-to-read bars and graphs. To get started, follow these steps:
Step 1: Set up category view settings
You can set bob to view KPI data for a particular time period via Date range and View. Whenever you configure these settings, it will impact how all of the KPI categories will be showcased in bob.
Step 2: Configure the Average time to resolution KPI
- Once you’ve arrived to the Average time to resolution chart, click on the Group By dropdown and choose a field e.g., Category
- On the top right of the table you will see a chart icon; click on the arrow ∨ (chevron) to the right of the chart symbol
- Click the subgroups in the legend to deselect them from the view, and click on them again so that they reappear on the chart
- Activate the Over time toggle to see the total sum of KPI data in the selected Date range described in Step 1. This will override the KPI category View setting. Click on the desired chart type:
- Column: vertical layout of data
- Bar: horizontal layout of data
- Area : Waves
- Line: standard lines
- Donut: circular representation of data
Note: certain chart types may not be available in instances where they are irrelevant to the chosen data set.
- Activate the Values toggle to showcase the numerical value of the data set. Hover over a colored portion of the chart, e.g. one of the bars in a bar chart or a segment in the donut chart, to reveal the data for the grouping you selected.
- Click Apply
- To reset your chart configurations, click the three dot menu followed by Reset
- To download the chart, click the three dot menu followed by Download and then the file type you’d like to download. You can export a chart as a .png, .jpeg, .pdf or .svg file.
Note: activating or deactivating the Over time toggle impacts the available chart types.
Congratulations, you can track trends in the Average time to resolution for cases reported within your company.
Need more help? If you’re unsure about anything please submit a ticket and our Customer Experience team will be happy to assist.