We made it easy for you to track employee vaccination status where permissible by law via Bob’s COVID-19 vaccination tracker. Use it to collect, record, track, and update your employees’ status easily to enable your organization to keep taking care of your people by taking the necessary health and safety precautions as we continue to navigate through the COVID-19 pandemic.
Note: This option will be available for companies with US sites by default. If you’d like to use this as well, send a request to our Customer Experience Team.
Get the most out of Bob
You may add and configure bob’s COVID-19 vaccination tracking to support your organization in navigating the pandemic. Follow the steps in this article to see where further configuration is needed -as each organization may label its sites differently- and learn what more you can do to protect your people with a safe work environment by tracking:
- Vaccination status (Vaccinated, Partially Vaccinated, Not Vaccinated)
- Type of vaccine received (List with standard brands and ability to add new)
- Dose administration date
- Proof of vaccination
Note: The configurations noted in steps 3-6 are best suited for multinational organizations that will need to specify these settings for US-based sites only. If your entire organization is based in the US, you may skip them.
How to add Bob’s COVID-19 vaccination tracking to your account
To add Bob’s COVID-19 vaccination tracking feature, follow these steps:
- From the left menu, select Settings > Manage Features.
- Click Add in the COVID-19 vaccination tracking banner at the top of the page.
Note: If and when you’d like to remove the elements that belong in this feature, you can do so manually per each area in Bob.
How to configure roles and permissions to enable COVID-19 tracking
To allow your people to see the relevant fields in their employee profile, upload documentation, follow these steps:
- From the left menu, select Settings > Roles & Permissions.
- From the Profile owners group tile, click Manage group.
- In the Manage permission area, configure the People and Docs permissions.
- Click on the People permission row.
- Enable the “View section COVID-19 Vaccination in this person’s profile” profile by clicking on the X mark to their leftNote: keep the “Edit” permissions disabled to enable the self service flow configuration for this feature which (covered later in this article).
- Click = the Docs permission row, then click the Health certificates row.
- “Upload their own docs in the folder” Enable the following by clicking on the X mark to their left: “View their own docs in the folder” to enable people to view the COVID-19 section in their profile.
- Click Save changes.
- Click Apply
Great! People will now be able to upload proof of their vaccination which will be available in their employee profile and the relevant folder on their My Docs page.
How to configure the COVID-19 tracking category
You’ve now completed all of the steps that will allow you to begin automating and tracking your org’s vaccination status in Bob.
To configure the fields so that they’re only available to US sites, follow these steps:
- From the left menu, select Settings > Employee Fields.
- Scroll down or search for the COVID-19 Vaccination category, then click to expand it.
- Hover over a field (e.g., Vaccination status).
- Click on the three dot icon.
- Select Edit.
- Click on the Applies to dropdown and select all US sites.
- Click Apply then Save to confirm.
- Repeat as needed.
How to configure the Health certificates folder in Docs
Your people’s proof of vaccination documents will be uploaded to the “Health certificates” Docs folder in Bob. To configure the folder so that it is only available to US sites, follow these steps:
- From the left menu, Settings > Docs.
- Click Manage on the Health certificates folder tile.
- Adjust the setting to Select by condition in the Applies to section.
- Click Edit.
- Click + Add condition and add in all US sites.
- Click Apply.
- Click Save.
How to configure the COVID-19 task list
Part of Bob’s COVID-19 vaccination tracking includes a task list to prompt people to upload their information. Follow these steps to complete configuring it per your company’s settings:
- From the left menu, select Settings >Task Lists.
- Click Manage on the Vaccination status task list tile.
- Click Next to head to the Tasks step.
- Click on the three dot menu of the Vaccination status task, then select Edit.
- Activate the Set conditions toggle.
- Include only your organization’s US sites, e.g. “Site equals New York, Arizona”.
- Click Save.
- Click Done.
Tip: Learn how to trigger a task list manually
How to configure the COVID-19 vaccination status self service flow
To configure the fields to only be available to US sites, follow these steps:
- From the left menu, select Settings > Flows.
- Click the Self service tab.
- Click Manage on the Covid vaccination status change flow tile.
- Click Select by condition to apply the flow only to US locations.
- Click Next and include the COVID-19 Vaccination category in the flow by scrolling or searching to select it.
- Click Next.
- Click Done.
How to import external COVID-19 vaccination tracking data into Bob
If you’ve already gotten some data from your people about their vaccination status and logged it outside of Bob, you may import it using the instructions in the help articles here:
- Importing to update the rest of people’s data
- Importing the proof of vaccination via bulk doc import
How to track people’s vaccination status via Bob’s Analytics
Both Bob’s Reports and KPI Dashboards pages will have analytical tools for you to use with Bob’s COVID-19 tracking.
To review the report:
- From the left menu, select Analytics > Reports.
- Click the COVID-19 vaccination status folder on the left side or search for it using the search bar.
- Click on the COVID-19 vaccination current status report.
- Filter, configure, download, and email the report as desired.
Tip: schedule a recurring report to the relevant internal and external stakeholders
To review the KPI Dashboard:
- From the left menu, select Analytics > KPI Dashboards.
- Click the KPI Dashboard category on the top left of the page and select the COVID-19 vaccination status category.
Note: The dashboard is only available out-of-the-box to the person who had manually added the COVID-19 tracking. Others will be able to use the data based on permissions.
- Configure the dashboard as desired, making sure the Group by filter shows the “Vaccination Status” and/or “Vaccination manufacturer” fields to provide the relevant vaccination information.
Tip: the “Vaccination Status” and “Vaccination manufacturer” fields provided may be used when creating custom dashboards or adding other KPI charts
How to use the COVID-19 vaccination tracking with more of bob’s features
If you’d like, you may leverage bob beyond the COVID-19 vaccination tracking feature. For instance:
- Post a shoutout to inform your employees on any developments and regulations and how to take action in bob.
Tip: if your organization is multinational, adjust your audience to the relevant site, e.g. US only.
- Add the COVID-19 vaccination category to the relevant onboarding flow(s) to ensure you have up to date information regarding your new employees.
- Create work from home, work from office, and sick time off policies that align with your organization’s guidelines.