Track work changes within your company
Internal mobility can be defined as the shift of employees to different opportunities within a company. Some examples of these shifts, or internal movements, include a change in position, expansion of a current role, participation in a skill building project, or being assigned as a mentor. The Internal mobility rate KPI is one of a set of vital HR KPIs created in bob to help you track and analyze the total number of work changes within the company. It is essential for keeping employees engaged, retaining employees for the long-term and ensuring your company stays current in a rapidly evolving job market.
Located in the KPI Dashboards module under the Career Development category, the Internal mobility rate KPI provides a clear view of all work changes within the company that occurred in a specific time frame.
To calculate Internal mobility rate simply divide the total number of internal movements by the total number of employees x 100:
It’s important to note that an internal mobility work change excludes the following change types: New Employee, Rehire, Correction, Manager Change (as they are not considered a growth movement of an employee within the the company)
How to use the Internal mobility rate KPI
When you head over to the Internal mobility rate KPI, you will be able to view the number of work changes that occurred within your company during a particular month, quarter, or year with a range of filters and groupings. Data is displayed for each period in the selected time range via color-coordinated, easy-to-read bars and graphs.
To get started with the Manager to employee ratio KPI, follow these steps:
Step 1: Set up category view settings
You can set bob to view KPI data for a particular time period via Date range and View. Whenever you configure these settings, it will impact how all of the KPI categories will be showcased in bob.
Step 2: Configure the Internal mobility rate KPI
- Once you’ve arrived to the Internal mobility rate KPI chart, click on the Group By dropdown and choose a field e.g., Country
- On the top right of the table you will see a chart icon; click on the arrow ∨ (chevron) to the right of the chart icon
- Click the subgroups in the legend to deselect them from the view, and click on them again so that they reappear on the chart
- Activate the Over time toggle to see the total sum of the KPI data over the entire period selected in the Date range described in Step 1. This will override the KPI category View setting. Click on the desired chart type:
- Column: vertical layout of data
- Bar: horizontal layout of data
- Area : Waves
- Line: standard lines
- Donut: circular representation of data
Note: certain chart types may not be available in instances where they are irrelevant to the chosen data set.
- Use the dropdown to select fields and configure conditions
- Click + Add condition to create additional rules and repeat as many times as you'd like, e.g., to filter specific countries, choose “Country,” “equals” and choose the desired countries, such as “United States,”and “United Kingdom.”
- To remove a condition, hover over it, and click the trash icon that appears to the right of the condition
- Press Apply
- To reset your chart configurations, click the three dot menu followed by Reset
- To download the chart, click the three dot menu followed by Download and then the file type you’d like to download. You can export a chart as a .png, .jpeg, .pdf or .svg file.
- To see the in-depth employee data included in the KPI view you have configured, click View more details under the chart
- Click on a colored portion of the chart (e.g. one of the bars in a bar chart or a segment in the donut or line chart). The table below the chart will display the data that specifically matches the grouping you selected, showing all of the people that belong to that group.
- Use the column picker found in the bottom right of the table to add or remove employee information in the table
- Click on the download button to the right of the column picker to download the employee data either as an .xlsx or .csv file
- Click Back at the top left of your screen to return to the dashboard
Note: activating or deactivating the Over time toggle impacts the available chart types.
Congratulations, you can now track and analyze the total number of work changes within your company. May this Internal mobility rate KPI chart help keep employees engaged, happy and growing.
Need more help? If you’re unsure about anything please submit a ticket and our Customer Experience team will be happy to assist.