Use the Google Workspace groups integration to import and update groups from Bob into Google workspace.
You can view, add, and use all of the groups created in Bob in the Google Workspace groups integration.
Step 1: Add Domain Wide Delegation permissions
- In your Google Workspace admin account, go to Google Admin Console > Security > API Controls and click Manage Domain Wide Delegation.
- Click Add New OR Edit the existing Domain-wide Delegation defined for Google Workspace provisioning integration.
- Under Client ID, enter the Client ID used in the Google Workspace provisioning integration.
- In the 0auth scopes field, enter the following values:
- Click Authorize.
Step 2: Create groups for use in Google Workspace
- From the left menu, select Settings > Integrations.
- Click Provisioning in the left-hand Categories menu or search for Google Workspace via the search bar.
- Click Manage.
- Scroll down to the employee groups and click Add new.
- Give the group a Name in the text field.
This will be the same name that will appear in Google Workspace.
- Enter the Group Email in the text field.
This will set the group email in Google Workspace.
- Add a brief Description (optional).
- In the Members section, click Select to add group members from a group in Bob.
Note: Make sure that the desired groups are already created in Bob.
- Choose the group’s members by creating a set of conditions or selecting specific employees.
- To create a set of conditions:
- Click + Add condition and select the desired values from each dropdown menu, from left to right.
- In the left dropdown menu, select By Group to add the group(s).
- Repeat to add more conditions.
Note: All conditions must be met for a person to be included in the group.
- Click Apply.
- To Select specific employees:
- Click on the Specific employees dropdown menu.
- Scroll or search for the employee(s) you’d like to select and click Add.
- Click Apply.
- Once you’ve selected all your group members, click Apply to save and close the window.
After you have successfully created a group, Bob will process and sync the new/changed group to Google Workspace.
Note: If the group email already exists in Google Workspace, Bob will notify you with a prompt approval to overwrite the group members in Google Workspace. If the Group failed to be created, click Retry to see the error and re-sync.
How to edit the list of group members
- Click the three-dot menu on the right-hand of the group you wish to edit.
- Select Edit.
- Click Edit in the Members section to change the group members.
- To delete a condition, hover over it and click the trash icon that appears to the right of the condition.
- To remove a specific person, click the Specific employees dropdown and deselect the name and click Apply.
- Click Apply once you’ve completed all of your edits.
- Once you are done editing, click Save.
How can I delete a group that was made for use in Google Workspace?
Click the three-dot menu next to the wanted group and click Delete.