Integrating Bob with ADP Workforce Now Export allows you to easily send over your payroll data from Bob to ADP WFN Export via Bob's connector.
Note: For the ADP WFN API integration overview for US/Canada, see ADP Workforce Now API (US/Canada) Integration.
|Integration Details||How it works|
|Integration type||One-way via export|
|Direction of data flow||Bob to partner app|
|Sync trigger||Manual export|
|Bob field||ADP WFN Export field||New hires||Changes||Terminations|
|Start Date||Change Effective On||✔️|
|Employee ID/ Custom||Position ID||✔️||✔️|
|Effective Date||Change Effective On||✔️|
|Pay cycle Defined field||Co Code||✔️||✔️||✔️|
|Y||Is Paid By WFN||✔️|
|Custom Field||File Number||✔️||✔️|
|Y/N||Position Uses Time||✔️|
|First Name||Employee First Name||✔️||✔️|
|Last Name||Employee Last Name||✔️||✔️|
|-||Tax ID Type||✔️||✔️|
|SSN||Tax ID Number||✔️||✔️|
|Pay Frequency||Pay Frequency Code||✔️||✔️|
|Date of birth||Birth Date||✔️|
|Rate Type||Rate Type||✔️||✔️|
|Base salary||Rate 1 Amount||✔️||✔️|
|Marital Status||Actual Marital Status||✔️||✔️|
|Custom Field||SUI/SDI Tax Jurisdiction Code||✔️||✔️|
|State||Worked State Tax Code||✔️|
|-||Lived local tax code||✔️|
|Start Date||Hire Date||✔️|
|Address Line 1||Address 1 Line 1||✔️||✔️|
|Address Line 2||Address 1 Line 2||✔️||✔️|
|State/Province/Region||Address 1 State Postal Code||✔️||✔️|
|Zip/Post/Postal code||Address 1 Zip Code||✔️||✔️|
|Pay cycle Defined field||Business Unit||✔️||✔️|
|Custom Field||Benefits Eligibility Class||✔️||✔️||Value Mapping|
|Job title||Job Title||✔️||✔️||Value Mapping|
|Personal email||Personal E-mail Address||✔️||✔️|
|W||E-mail to Use For Notification||Constatnt Value|
|Custom Field||PAYCLASS||✔️||✔️||Value Mapping|
|Reports to||Reports to Position ID||✔️||✔️|
|Home Cost Number||✔️||✔️|
|Corp Group Change Reason||✔️|
How to set up the ADP Workforce Now (WFN) Export integration in Bob
When setting up the ADP WFN Export integration, you’ll go through a setup wizard that will guide you. To make this process as easy as possible, we’ve created some preset default settings which are grayed out.
Before you begin
- List the field names you have set up in Bob and which fields they correlate with in ADP WFN, e.g., departments, job titles, etc.
- Ensure you have custom fields in bob that correspond with ADP WFN’s Position ID and Supervisor fields.
- List any company codes (CO codes) you might have.
- Choose which fields you would like Bob to update in ADP WFN
- Export the following validation tables from ADP WFN to import into bob during the value mapping step:
- Job title
- Termination Reason
How to access the setup wizard
- From the left menu, select Settings > Integrations.
- Select Payroll.
- On the ADP Workforce Now File Export integration tile, click Connect.
- Click Setup.
The setup wizard will open with some preset settings in gray.
Step 1: Details
- Name: Preset as ADP Export.
- Transfer Type: Preset as File, CSV.
- ADP Workforce Now settings.
- From the Position ID dropdown, select a field in Bob that corresponds with ADP WFN’s Position ID field.
- In the Supervisor dropdown, select a field in Bob that corresponds with ADP WFN’s Supervisor field.
- Click Next.
Step 2: Fields
This step has already been preset, so click Next to continue.
Step 3: Value Mapping
Map Bob values to the corresponding payroll codes to make sure employee information is well translated.
You can map the values using one or both of the following methods:
- Via an imported value mapping list.
- Directly in Bob’s interface.
You may find that you only need one method or might choose to use both as needed.
Note: While the Source in Bob and Name fields are configurable in the Value mapping step, we recommend keeping them as they were set up to allow for a seamless integration. That said, we have included the instructions on how to do so in case you wish to reconfigure this part.
How to map values via an imported value mapping list.
You may import and export any other value mapping list to Bob using the following steps.
- This method is best suited for when you have long value mapping lists.
- Use this method to import the information in the three validation lists you’d exported from ADP Totalsource (Job title, Departments, and Termination reason) to Bob.
- In the Value mapping step, you may edit any of the pre-set value mapping lists and/or create additional ones.
- If you edit an existing value mapping list using an imported one it will override the original value mapping list’s data.
How to edit a pre-set value mapping list (e.g., add new job titles to the mapping list) via an imported value mapping list:
- Click the three-dot menu of the list you’d like to edit and select Edit.
- From the Source in Bob dropdown, select the field from which the Bob list values are derived, e.g., “Job Title.”
- Enter the Name of the corresponding field in ADP Totalsource, e.g., “Job Title.”
- Click the import icon to override the existing value mapping list.
This opens the Import value mapping list popup.
- Click Select template to open a Bob values list template dropdown.
- Scroll or search for the Bob value list (derived from a Bob field) you wish to use and select it.
- Click Download.
- Enter the value mapping list according to the instructions in the Excel sheet and save the document as an xlsx file.
- Go back to the value mapping list and click the import icon.
- Click on the Upload xlsx button.
- Search for your file and click to select it.
- Click Open.
- Click on Run import to begin importing your document to Bob.
- Review the value mapping list’s data for accuracy.
How to map values via Bob
In the Value mapping step, you may edit any of the pre-set value mapping lists and/or create additional ones.
To edit a pre-set value mapping list (e.g., add new job titles):
- Click the three-dot menu of the list you’d like to edit.
- Select Edit.
- To change the field that serves as the selected list’s Source in Bob field, click on its dropdown.
- Scroll or search for the bob field you’d like to change to.
To edit an existing value:
- To edit the Bob value name: select the text in the Bob value field you wish to change (on the left) and enter the new Bob value name.
Note: Make sure to use the exact name of the value in Bob.
- To edit the payroll system’s value name: select the text in the corresponding right field and enter the new ADP Totalsource value name.
To add a new value:
- Scroll to the row beneath the value mapping table.
- Enter the exact name of the value in Bob in the left text field.
- Enter the exact name of the value in ADP Totalsource in the right text field.
To create a new value mapping list:
- Click + Create new.
- From the Source in bob dropdown, select the field from which the Bob list values are derived, e.g., “Job Title.”
- Enter the Name of the corresponding field in ADP WFN, e.g., “Job Title.”
- Create a mapping between a Bob value and the ADP WFN’s value using the following steps:
- In the Bob value field, enter the name of the value in Bob, e.g., “Account Manager.”
- In the field to the right of the Bob value field, enter the name of the value in ADP Totalsource, e.g., “AM.”
Note: In some instances, the list values may be similar or identical, while in other instances, they may vary greatly. To ensure that data transfers accurately, enter each value in the value mapping.
- Click + Add value.
- Repeat as necessary.
- Click Done.
- Repeat the above to create different value mapping lists as needed.
- Click Next once you’re done with the value mapping step.
Step 4: Field Mapping
Begin mapping the data flow between fields and values across Bob and ADP WFN.
Note: ADP WFN’s fields are already listed from the details entered in prior steps.
- To view all mapped fields, including non-editable ones, switch off the Editable mappings toggle. To view only the editable fields, switch the toggle on.
- Starting from the first row, select one of the following options from the Mapped with column that will best relay the data to the specified ADP WFN’s field.
- Const: a constant value used by your ADP WFN settings, e.g., a company code, that will be the same value in every employee’s mapped field in ADP WFN.
- Exact: a field in your ADP WFN settings that are an exact match with a bob field, e.g., ADP WFN’s “Location” field is the exact match with bob’s “Site” field.
- Value mapping: a value mapping list that has been mapped in the previous value mapping step that best matches the field, e.g., the “Job Title” value mapping list.
- Empty value: a blank value if the field needs to transfer an empty value to the payroll system each time the data transfers.
- Under the Source column, select the Bob field or value that best corresponds with the external payroll’s field (specified in the same row):
- If Const was selected, enter the value in the row’s Source text field.
- If Exact was selected, scroll or search for the corresponding bob value or field, e.g., “Site,” and select it.
- If Value mapping was selected, select the value mapping list option as created from the Value mapping step, e.g., “Job title.”
- Repeat as needed for each row.
- Click Done.