Within People, learn how to navigate and configure your Directory—a hub for all your employee data.
Get the most out of Bob
- The Directory contains details of all your company employees, from practical information like ID numbers (National Insurance, Social Security, Tax accounts) to salary information, to more recreational data like hobbies and food preferences.
- Every time you Add, Edit, or Delete information from employee profiles, the changes will be reflected in the Directory.
- From the View by drop-down menu, select how you'd like to filter your employees, i.e., by Team, Site, Status, and any other applicable identifiers.
Note: The changes you make in the Directory will remain after you exit the page. The changes only affect your view, so you can reconfigure the filters again for a different view.
How to configure the Directory
- From the left menu, select People.
- Click Directory.
- To add categories, click the column picker icon at the top right of the table. Search or scroll for the relevant employee fields, and click to add. Click Apply to save changes.
Your categories will be added to a list.
- To remove employee data:
- Within the Column picker, hover over the employee field, click X to delete, then click Apply to save changes.
- Within the Directory table itself, hover over the employee field title and click X to delete.
- To change the order of the columns, drag the column titles to where you'd like to see them displayed in the Directory.
- You can sort the Directory order either alphabetically or numerically. Click on the column title to switch between A-Z and Z-A lists, and between smallest to largest and largest to smallest numerical ordering.
Note: This action will affect the entire table.
- Use the quick filters above the table to view specific employee data, and, from the dropdown menus select your conditions.
- To create customized filters, click Advanced use Custom filters to view people by conditions.
- Click + Add condition, and from each dropdown menu, select the desired value.
- Repeat as needed.
- Click Apply to update.
- Click on the disk icon to Save as report.
Note: This option is dependent on permissions.
- Click the download icon to download the report as a .CSV or .XLSX file.
- Click New hire to add a new employee to the system.
- From the dropdown, choose a template, then click Start.
How to use bulk actions in the Directory
Do you need to trigger a task list for a specific group of employees? Or do you need to make sure that everyone reads the company’s new HR policy? Use the bulk actions feature to perform actions for many people at the same time.
- Search, using the search bar, or scroll to the employees who you'd like to include in the bulk action, and mark the checkboxes to the left of their names.
The selected rows will be highlighted.
- Click Actions and, from the dropdown, choose Documents, Trigger task list, Work change, Access to Bob, or Change Status.
- If you choose Document, you'll be able to choose to Request read approval or Download employee documents.
- If you click Request read approval, from the dropdowns, select a company document and choose which folder you'd like it saved in. Add a Subject and Description, and click Send.
- If you click Download employee documents, you'll receive an email with a download link.
- If you click Trigger task list, from the dropdown, select the Task list, and mark if it should be triggered Now, at a Future date or if it's an Anchor event. Then, click Apply.
Tasks can be either scheduled for later or triggered immediately based on the tasks' triggering settings within the task list. Future tasks will be sent based on the sending criteria specified in the task list.
- Click Work changes to change Email, Job title, Department, Reports to, Site, and Start date details, then click Save.
- If you click Access to Bob, you'll be able to Invite employee, Revoke employee's access or Delete employee's file.
- If you click Change status, based on permissions, you'll be able to Rehire, terminate employee, Place on leave, Return from leave.
Note: Be sure to click Save, Apply, or the appropriate action button to trigger the bulk action.
What can I view in the Directory on the mobile app?
You can search by Name, Department, or Site, for example, but can only view people whose employment status is marked as Active. The Active status is based on the Lifecycle status field in the employee profile managed by the Admin. You can view employee profiles and the areas of the profile in which your Admin has granted you permission.
What permissions do I need to export the Directory?
An Admin will need to grant permission to export the Directory. From the left menu, select Settings and click Roles & Permissions. From the permission group, you'd like to manage, select Manage group. From the Company tab in the Manage permissions section, select Reports, then click Reports. Enable Export visible information from directory or reports. Click Save changes, then click Apply. This will also give them permission to export information from other types of visible reports.