Learn how to add a benefits plan to your company account.
Before you begin
Ensure Benefits is enabled to access the feature.
- From the left menu, select Settings > Manage features.
- Enable Benefits.
How to create a benefit
It's time to add the numerous benefits your company has to offer:
- From the left menu, select Benefits > Manage benefits.
- Click Upload your Benefits.
- Select a pre-made Bob template or build your benefit by clicking the empty field and choosing from the dropdown, e.g., Insurance.
How to complete benefit details
It's time to fill in all the details of your benefit:
- Enter the Benefit name.
- Add a brief Product description.
The employee will see this when they have been made eligible or enrolled in the benefit.
- Choose a Provider from the dropdown (pre-set).
- Select a Renewal date from the calendar.
- Select a Currency from the dropdown menu.
- Select a Main contact as the designated contact to receive all notification emails from eligible employees who have expressed interest in enrollment.
- Type in or select the Fee, the cost of the benefit.
- Type in or select Total cost, the cost that entails the entire benefit.
- Enable Taxable if the benefit is subject to taxes.
- Upload an image to represent your benefit.
This will replace the benefit name in the thumbnail.
- Click Plan type and add the type of plan.
- Enter a Plan Description.
- Type in Repayment Period in months.
- Click Done.
You will be prompted to import costs. You can do so on the spot or continue at a later time.
To learn how to view and change employees' benefits statuses, see Manage employee benefits.
How do I add multiple plans to one benefit?
If your benefit has multiple plans associated with it, you will be able to accommodate this with the Add another plan button. Simply fill in the additional plan details and click Done.
How do I add employees to a plan?
To add employees to a plan click the Add Employees button when setting up the benefit. If you have multiple plans per benefit, you will be able to select which individual plan each employee will be eligible for or enrolled into. Once you've chosen the plan, you will be prompted to upload a spreadsheet that contains employee identifiers and a few other key data fields. Once uploaded, the data will be synced and updated.
How do I edit a benefit?
On the Manage Benefits page, click View summary on the plan you'd like to update. On the Summary page, click Edit benefits. Make all the updates you'd like, and then click Done.