Save time and import historical and multiple-entry data all at once.
Table data refers to historical information in the tables of the employee profile, such as a change in a department that will come into effect next month or changes to employees’ addresses. These include the Work, Address, Children, Right to Work, Employment, Salary, Variable Pay, Deductions, Entitlements, Equity, and Training sections of employee profiles.
Use this import to overwrite existing data by matching the effective dates.
Before you begin
We recommend downloading and using the table data templates to import your table data.
How to import table data
- From the left menu, select Settings > Import.
- In the Add or update people’s information section, click Go to People import.
- From the Import table data dropdown menu, select the type of table you want to import.
- Click Import table.
- Click the download icon at the bottom of the page to download the employee data template.
Prepare your import within this template or match your existing spreadsheet to this template to ensure a smooth import.
- Populate your template after reading the Please Read tab of the spreadsheet.
Once you have your data in the template, you can upload it.
- When your spreadsheet is prepared, click Upload if you are on the same page, or click Import table.
- Click Upload data file and select your file or click uploaded files to select a file from the import drive, then click Continue.
- Click Upload, then click Done.
- Select the sheet from the file you'd like to import into the table, then click Next.
- Match the identifier column, then click Next.
- Match the fields in the dropdown menus.
Once you've uploaded your sheet, any anomalies and values that need to be manually sorted will automatically be flagged. Sort list values by dragging the data points into the correct table fields.
Note: Fields that remain unmatched will be ignored, and the data in the column will not be imported.
- Click Import, and you're done!
What happens if I have errors?
If your import doesn't match, you'll receive errors. The easiest way to fix these errors is to download the error report. This will give you a spreadsheet in the correct format for re-upload, with one line for each error.
In the last column of the data, you will find the error reason. Once you have corrected your data, you can use this same spreadsheet to upload the new information. Use the same button (import or update) that you used initially.
We recommend reading the Please Read tab on the downloaded template for tips and suggestions.