In order to track your employees’ time off balances you’ll need to assign time off policies to them.
Note: Employees inherit a bank holiday calendar and working pattern from the site they are assigned to. If they have a different working pattern or observe a different set of bank holidays (or none at all) you can override it individually. See Editing employee work patterns.
How to assign a time off policy
- From the left menu, select Time off > People's time off and click the Policy balances tab
- Mark the checkboxes next to the employees, or select the entire list.
- From the Actions dropdown, select Assign policy.
- From the Policy dropdown, select the relevant policy.
- In the Effective Date field, select when the policy will be applied - either a specific Date or a Preset option which bases the policy on an event (e.g. Start Date).
- Click Apply.
Note: You can use the filter to narrow down to the group of employees you would like to apply a policy to. It could be a particular site, department or any other variable on their profile.
Note: The system will run validations before the update is conducted, so that you know whether the assignment will apply to all employees, and whether with or without exceptions.
How do I unassign a policy?
From the left menu, select Time > People's time off > Policy Balances and check the boxes next to one or more employees. Then, from the Actions dropdown, select Unassign policy, complete the fields in the popup and click Apply.