Before you begin
We recommend downloading and using the employee data template to import your people data.
Note: Updating people data will add data to empty fields or overwrite matched fields with new data.
How to update people data
- From the left menu, select Settings > Import.
- In the Add or update people’s information section, click Go to People import.
- Click Update People.
- Click the download icon to download the template file and input your data to ensure your data will be validated.
- When your spreadsheet is prepared, click Upload if you are on the same page, or click Import People.
- Click Upload data file and select your file or click uploaded files to select a file from the import drive, then click Continue.
- Select the sheet from your file in the dropdown menu.
- Match the identifiers in the dropdown menus, then click Next.
Once you've uploaded your sheet, any anomalies and values that need to be manually sorted will be flagged.
- Match the data columns between your spreadsheet and the employee fields in the system, then click Import.
- If there are any errors, a report detailing rows that have successfully been imported, and any errors, will be displayed. You can download this report to know what you need to fix and import again, then click Done.
What happens if I have errors?
If your import doesn't match, you'll receive errors. The easiest way to fix these errors is to download the error report. This will give you a spreadsheet in the correct format for re-upload, with one line for each error.
In the last column of the data, you will find the error reason. Once you have corrected your data, you can use this same spreadsheet to upload the new information. Use the same button (import or update) that you used initially.
We recommend reading the Please Read tab on the template you have downloaded for tips and suggestions.