Shoutouts are a great way to communicate company events and celebrate people’s milestones, send reminders, and shine the spotlight on your team’s hard work.
Your Shoutout can include images, documentation, or reading like a PDF of the latest diversity training… or the manual for the new espresso machine.
How to post a Shoutout
- From the left menu, select Home.
- Click Post a Shoutout.
- From the dropdown menu, filter your audience, then click Apply.
Note: You can filter your audience by Sites, Department, Clubs, Employment type, or Public groups. The more filters added, the fewer employees in the shoutout audience. To ensure that your shoutout reaches the relevant audience, only select relevant filters.
- To the right of the dropdown menu, confirm your audience via the Showcase.
Note: Your shoutout may be visible to people who aren’t in the Showcase as the nature of Groups is permissions-based.
- Enter your shoutout title (with up to 1024 characters).
- Write your shoutout.
Tip: Mention someone using an @ tag, click the style icons below the text box to format your shoutout, hyperlink text, and add emojis.
- To add a visual to your shoutout (optional), click Add image, then drag and drop your image(s) or click browse files, Select images (up to 10), click Upload then click Done.
- To add a document to your shoutout (optional), click Add Document, then drag and drop your document(s) or click browse files (up to 10 documents up to 1 GB in total size), click Upload, then click Done.
Note: You can add images or documents, but not both.
When you're ready to share your shoutout, click Post. It will appear on the Home page and be visible to the selected audience.
Tip: Preview your shoutout, and edit as needed before you post it.
How to set permissions for posting Shoutouts
Note: Only Admins can give people permission to create shoutouts and other types of posts. Anyone with permission to post shoutouts can also post Kudos.
- From the left menu, select Settings > Roles & Permissions.
- From the permission group, you'd like to manage, click Manage group.
- In Manage permissions, select the Company tab.
- Select Shoutouts > Posts.
- Enable or disable Compose Shoutouts, Comment on Shoutouts, and Pin Shoutouts.
Tip: Give All employees the permission to compose and comment on shoutouts, but consider allowing only Admins to pin shoutouts.
- Click Save changes to review the summary of the changes, then click Apply.