Whether you are going on vacation, taking a sick day or using any other type of time off, if you're planning to take a break from work you'll need to request time off.
So, let's go over how to make a request.
How to request time off from My time off
- From the left menu, select Time > My time off.
- Click Request time off at the top of the page.
- In the Policy drop-down, select the type of time off you want to take, such as Work from home or Holiday.
- From the From and To dropdowns, select the start and end dates of your desired time off.
- If you have the option to select partial days, from the Time period dropdown select All day, Morning or Afternoon.
- If you have the option to select a specific number of hours, or partial hours based on 15 or 30-minute intervals, from the Time period dropdown select Hours to open the Hours dropdown.
Then select the number of hours you want to take off that day. An info box showing the amount of time off you are requesting and your forecasted remaining balance in this policy will appear below the To fields.
- Add a description and upload a document if it is related to your request (this may be optional, depending on your company's requirements).
- Click Submit.
How to request time off from the Home Page
- Open the home page.
- Click Request time off under your profile picture.
- Fill the form.
- Click submit.
How to make a time off request in Slack
Note: This option is available only if Bob has been integrated with Slack. See Slack integration for full details.
- Open Slack.
- Select Bob in the Apps section in the left menu.
- Click Submit new request.
- Select your desired policy, start date, and whether your request is for the entire day, morning, afternoon, or for multiple days.
- Click Submit.
Your request will be sent to the time off approver as defined in the time off settings.
Where can I see my pending time off requests?
After you’ve made a time off request it will appear in My time off at the top of the Requests tab, with the status Pending.
How can I view my team’s time off calendar?
If you have permissions, you can view your team’s time off calendar in People’s time off. From the left menu select Time > People’s time off. For full details see View the company time off calendar.
Can I change or cancel my time off requests?
If you’ve had a change of plans you can easily change or cancel your time off request. From the left menu select Time > My time off and click the Requests tab to view each of your time off requests. Click the three dot menu to the right of a request, select Edit or Cancel Request, make the change and click Confirm.