Streamline adding new hires with templated New Hire wizards that include different pieces of the required information, documents, and tasks. In each template, you'll:
- Choose the fields and sections to include in the New Hire wizard.
- Pre-assign time-off policies.
- Include documents and policies to review and sign.
- Choose an employee’s onboarding experience to follow.
Get the most out of Bob
You can create templates for each of your sites, departments, or talent profiles to support your diverse workforce—remotely or on global sites.
Users with permissions to alter parts of the new hire flow will be able to override default selections saved on the template, e.g., the task list can be changed or updated; policies can be added for reading approval.
How to set up a new hire flow
- From the left menu, select Settings > Flows.
- Ensure that you're in the New Hire tab.
- Click + Add new or click Manage to edit an existing flow.
The template builder will guide you through three steps to build your personalized new hire process.
Step 1: Template details
The Template details step is to add information about the template to help others on your team know when to use it.
- Enter a Title and Description.
This will appear in your template options when adding a new hire.
Tip: The description is optional but useful for companies with multiple sites, eg., you can include “For new hires in the EMEA region” in the description.
- Click Next.
Step 2: Categories and fields
Your HR team will need to complete an employee's information when adding a new hire. In this step, you'll select information fields with mandatory fields including Email, First and Last name, and Start date.
Tip: To manage which fields are mandatory and must be completed as part of the new hire wizard, access the employee field settings under Settings > Employee Fields.
- Select the fields you want to include by category or individually. Each field chosen will appear to the right and can be removed by clicking on the x.
Tip: Use the search functionality or scroll to find the fields you want to select.
- Click Next.
Step 3: Features
Select which feature areas to include as steps in the new hire flow. This will allow you to manage docs, tasks, time off and benefits to be set up as part of the new hire flow, or after the flow is completed.
- Enable Docs to allow you to add read and approve requests for the employee to fulfill.
The new employee will be required to read, fill in, and/or sign policies and forms.
- If Docs are enabled, click Add doc from your computer or from the Company doc folders, then select the document and folder it will be saved to, and click Add.
- Enable Tasks to trigger the tasks within the new hire wizard for new employees, then select the task list template if enabled.
Tip: To manage or create a task list for your New Hire flow, see Set up a task list.
- Enable Time off to assign time off policies for new hires, then select the policies.
Tip: Use the info tooltip beside each policy to get more info, such as the policy allowance or the cycle configuration.
- Mark the Enable benefits on this template checkbox to assign benefits to your new hire as part of the New Hire wizard.
- Click Next.
Note: To manage or create a time off policy for your New Hire flow, see Set up and manage time off policies.
Step 4: Invite
- From the dropdown menu, select the onboarding template.
Tip: To manage or create an onboarding template for your New Hire flow, see Set up an Employee Onboarding flow.
- Click Done.
- People with permissions may override your new hires' selections. To learn more, see Create a custom permission group. To ensure that the selected features are enabled, see Settings > Manage features.
- When you access the People Directory and click the + New hire button, you'll be prompted to select a new hire template to enter the wizard and start adding the new employee. To learn more about adding a new hire, see Add a new hire.