Once you've created reports and organized them into folders you will be able to manage them by taking various actions, such as editing or duplicating them.
Get the most out of Bob
Reports are the quickest and most efficient way to aggregate and analyze data, show results, and share and receive updated company information.
You can download, customize, duplicate, and update reports. And you can also send them via email or schedule reports to be sent periodically to internal or external recipients.
How to manage reports on the Reports page
A wide array of actions, including editing and emailing, are available for all reports.
From the left menu, select Analytics > Reports.
Click on either My reports or Company reports, then click on the desired folder from the dropdown.
Check the box next to one or more reports from the list and an Actions button will appear. Select from the following options:
Edit: Change report data and filters.
Duplicate: Create a duplicate and save as a new report.
Rename: Change report name and click Save.
Move To: Choose a new folder location and click Move.
Download: Download report file types xlsx or csv.
Schedule: Set a schedule to receive reports automatically
Email report: Email a report to any recipient (see below).
- Delete: Permanently delete reports.
How to email reports
Sharing reports is the most efficient way to get the right data in front of the right people, and it only requires a few simple steps:
- From the left menu, select Analytics > Reports > Report type (either My report or Company report) > Folder.
- Check the box next to one or more reports.
- Click on Actions > email. Fill in the following fields:- Name: Auto-filled with the name of your report/s
- Merge reports to multiple sheets: This option appears when multiple reports are selected; You have the option to check the box to merge them into one report or leave it unchecked to include a separate file for each report.
- Recipients: check one or multiple individuals from the list of company employees
- External emails: add an email of someone outside your organization e.g., sending a financial report to an accounting agency.
- Email Message
- Subject: auto-filled with "[Sender's name] shared a report;" edit as you see fit.
- Message: Auto-filled message is included; edit as you see fit (feel free to include emojis for a personal touch).
Note: once reports are emailed, recipients will be able to view all the data in the report regardless of their permissions in Bob.
How to edit a report while viewing it
Whether you are in the middle of viewing a report or have just received and opened a report from HR, it is very convenient to be able to edit a report, on the spot.
There are 5 main areas on the report page that allow you to edit the report:
- Click More and choose an option from the dropdown:
- Schedule: Set a schedule to receive reports automatically
- Email report: Email a report to any recipient
- Duplicate: Create a duplicate and save as a new report
- Delete: Permanently delete reports
- Click the Cog icon to edit basic settings.
- Click Advanced to set new conditions for your report.
- Click the Download arrow to download an xlsx or CSV file.
- Click the Column picker to customize categories, rows and additional data.
Note: for detailed instructions on how to execute any of these actions refer to Create reports.