Reviewing a goal can allow you to see what goals to prioritize based on their current progress, upcoming goal end dates, their connections to other goals, and according to the last check-in.
My goals is where your personal goals are located. People's goals presents a summary of the goal progress of all of the people you are allowed to see in your company, look up individual employees' goals, and manage people's goals in bulk. This area is great for managers and admins who are managing other people, but a company may also open wider permissions if they wish to allow everyone to see everyone's goals. Department’s goals are where common goals for your department can be tracked. Company goals host company-wide goals that can be aligned with people’s goals and departmental goals.
You can view goals within each section using filters to define your goals summary.
Note: Access to this capability is managed by your company's Bob Admin. If you do not have access and believe you should, reach out to your company's Bob Admin.
How to view goals
- From the left menu, select Talent > Goals.
- Select the type of goal you'd like to view: My goals, People's goals, Department's goals, or Company goals.
- In Date range, select Month range and a Start month and End month or select Preset range and This quarter, Next quarter, This year, Next year, or Anytime, then click Apply.
- From the Status dropdown menu, select the checkboxes to the left of the goal status(es) you wish to see, then click Apply.
Tip: In My goals and Company goals, you can also filter between Open and Closed goals.
- From the dropdown menus, select a tag, visibility, and type or department, then click Apply.
Note: The Type dropdown menu is available only in My goals and People's goals.
- Click Advanced to the right of the Type filter, select the conditions from the dropdown menus, then click Apply if you wish to filter by more conditions.
Note: The Advanced filter is available only in People's goals.
- To add a condition, click + Add condition, then select the desired values in each of the dropdown menus.
- To remove a condition, hover over the condition, then click the trash icon that appears to the right of the condition.
- To edit a condition, select the desired values in each dropdown menu.
- Select the Column picker to the top right of the people table, select the checkboxes for the sections and field(s) you'd like to see in the people table, then click Apply.
Note: The Column picker is available only in People's goals.
How to review a goal summary
You can review a snapshot summary of each goal and go into greater depth to see the goal's changes and updates over time. This can be performed in My goals, People's goals, Department's goals, and Company Goals.
- From the left menu, select Talent > Goals.
- Select the goal type you wish to view: My goals, People's goals, Department's goals, or Company Goals.
In this view, you can see:
- total number of goals
- overall progress
- status distribution
- the status of key results (if included in the goal creation)
- the objective end date
- most recent check-in date
- tags (if included in the goal creation)
- department the goal is assigned to (Department’s goals)
- the types of goals (for People’s goals)
- visibility (all goals except My goals)
- any other categories you selected from the column picker (People’s goals)
- Scroll or search for a specific person to locate them in the people table or a specific department to locate them in the department table, then click the person or department.
In People’s goals, you will see their My Goals view as per the permissions set by them and the company. In Department’s goals, you will see the specific department’s view as per the permissions set by them and the company.
Note: You can see each person's goals you have the permission to view.
Tip: To search for someone in People’s goals, click the search icon at the top right of the people table, then enter the person's name in the search field. To search for a department, select the Department dropdown menu and the department you wish to view from the filters.
- Scroll or search for a specific goal.
Tip: Select the criteria you wish to view from the filters. In People’s goals, you may customize how you view your goals using the Advanced filters at the top of the page. Any filters you apply will also affect the goal metrics you see on the page and will be saved until you make any changes.
- Click the goal you wish to view to see a detailed summary of the goal. In this view, you can see:
owner of the goal
what the goal is aligned to (if included in the goal creation)
tags (if included in the goal creation)
key results with the ability to check in with the goal status
goal's activity log