The company time off calendar lets you easily check which of your colleagues will be off work during a specific period.
Note: If you do not have permission to view your colleagues’ time off, you will not have access to the calendar.
Get the most out of Bob
- For all employees, the time off calendar can be particularly useful when planning when to take time off. For example, if you want to see how many of your team members will be working during a week you plan to be on vacation, you can check your team’s time off calendar.
- For managers, the time off calendar allows you to check who will be away on certain dates before you approve or decline time off requests directly from the sidebar next to the calendar. To learn more about managing your employee's time off, see Manage time off requests.
How to view the time off calendar
- From the left menu, select Time > People’s time off.
- By default, the calendar shows the current calendar Month and is filtered by Team, so it shows all time off booked for the current month by your colleagues or your team if you are a manager.
How to filter the calendar by dates
- To view the calendar for a previous or upcoming month, click the arrow next to the month name and select a month.
- Select 2 Weeks, 3 weeks, or 4 weeks to change the number of days shown in the calendar.
- When the calendar is showing 1/2/3 or 4 weeks, you can change the first date by clicking the date range at the top to open the date picker and clicking on a date.
Note: The first date in the calendar will always be the first day of the week. E.g., even if you click on a Wednesday, the calendar will start on the first day of that week. The first day of a week is a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, as defined in the Site settings.
- To filter the calendar to show the current Week, click Month in the dropdown to the right of the page and select Week.
- Click Today to return the calendar to the current day.
Note: Policies that an administrator has hidden will not appear in the company's time off calendar. Policies whose name has been hidden, e.g., “Sickness,” will be shown, but no name will be displayed.
How to filter the calendar by employees
You can filter the calendar so it displays the time off calendar for a specific group of employees.
- Click Filters to open the Quick filters popup.
- Select the site(s), department(s), and team(s) to display in the calendar.
- Click Switch to advanced filters to filter the calendar by other employee fields or to select specific employees to add to the calendar.
- Click Apply.
- To filter the calendar, so it shows only employees who have made a time off request on a specific date day, click the day at the top.
You can also click the + Employee icon to add specific employees to the calendar without opening the filter options.
How to view time off insights
To view insights into who will be off work on a given day, click on a date at the top of the calendar. The insights appear on the right, showing:
- The number of people planning to take days off on that using different policies.
- The company calendar with any events planned for that day.
Can I export the time off calendar?
Yes, you can export the time off calendar to an external calendar service, such as Google calendar or Outlook. Click View calendar links below the calendar, copy the link and paste it into your calendar service. To learn more, see How to export company time off to an external calendar.