From new hires to those on leave, you can quickly review your people’s current lifecycle status in the people Directory, using reports, and via the person’s employee profile.
FYI: Access to these capabilities is managed by your company's HR admin. If you do not have access but believe you should, reach out to your Bob Admin.
Before you begin
Specific statuses depend on the people’s lifecycle status.
- Hired status: People with a future start date. Their access status to Bob is Inactive before their start date and is therefore not visible on the platform to other people unless specific permissions have been granted. Their status will be automatically set to Employed on their start date.
- Employed status: People with a current or past start date are actively employed in your organization and do not have any other lifecycle status. Their access status to Bob is Active.
- Terminated status: People whose employment has been terminated. Their access status to Bob is Inactive and therefore is not visible on the platform to other people unless specific permissions have been granted.
- Garden leave status: People whose employment termination date is in the future, but their last day of work is before the termination date. Their access status to Bob is Active until their last day of work. The last day of work means the last day of: work obligations, reporting to work, and possession of company property, such as a laptop computer.
- Leave status: People who are on temporary, non-parental leave. Their access status to Bob is Active or Inactive according to the permissions set.
- Parental leave status: People who are on parental leave. Their access status to Bob is Active or Inactive according to the permissions set.
Tip: Create a custom leave status type that fits your company's needs. To learn more, see Set up a custom flow with approvals and Set up a Leave flow.
How to view a person’s lifecycle status and lifecycle changes
- From the left menu, select People > Directory.
Tip: Search for an employee’s name in the search bar at the top right of the screen for quicker access.
- Scroll or search for the employee(s).
You can see their current lifecycle status in the Lifecycle status column.
Tip: Use the column picker to select which employee fields are visible in the directory.
- Select the employees whose status you’d like to view.
The current lifecycle status appears as a colored stamp just below the employee's profile picture, showing their Lifecycle status, and in some cases, an indication to the right of the Lifecycle status as Active or Uninvited from access to Bob.
- In their employee profile, search for or scroll to the Lifecycle category. View the Lifecycle table with historical data on lifecycle status changes throughout their employment.