Okta’s provisioning's integration allows you to improve the HR-IT flow by creating, updating and inactivating your employees using an out of the box integration.
When integrating Okta with Bob, there are two Provisioning integration types for you to choose from Okta API OR Okta SCIM.
- The two integrations cannot work side by side - therefore you will need to choose which integration you would like to use.
- Both the API and SCIM integrations, and the Okta SSO integration, use the work email that is registered for the employee in Bob as the unique identifier. This is the Login field in OKTA.
How to set up Okta provisioning integrations
- From the left menu, select Settings > Integrations.
- Select Provisioning.
- In the Okta tile, click Connect.
- In the Okta screen, under Let’s integrate, click Connect,
- Select either Using API or Using SCIM.
Option 1: Okta API
This integration uses an API token from Okta to push data from Bob.
The integration is event based: by default the user is provisioned to Okta upon start date and updated on the fly when one of the mapped fields is updated in Bob.
- For full details of how to set up and manage the API integration see Okta Provisiong Integration - via API.
- To change the default settings see Provisioning integrations settings.
- To change the default field mapping, please contact the Hibob support team.
Option 2: Okta SCIM
This integration is set in Okta using their Bob app and a service user from Bob.
The integration is import based: from Okta you can use the import button or schedule when to import the data.
- For full details on how to set up and manage the SCIM integration, see Okta SCIM integration.
- The data is mapped on Okta`s side with external names provided from Bob. For full details see Okta SCIM custom field mapping.
- With the SCIM integration, you can set up groups in Bob that will be passed to Okta as Okta groups. For full details see Creating Okta SCIM groups.
- The SCIM integration requires Profile & Lifecycle Sourcing in Okta which is usually an additional cost in Okta.