My requests and People’s requests in Docs are where you can view the status of files for you and others and take quick actions in one dedicated place. Here you can track where documents stand and whether they need to be read or signed by you in My requests or by members of your team in People’s requests. Once the read approval or signature is completed, they’ll move to My Docs or People’s Docs.
How to view docs pending my actions
My requests in Docs allow you to view documents pending your action in one dedicated place.
In this video, we'll learn how to view, track, and read or sign documents requested for you.
Let's get started.
From the left menu, select Docs, then My requests.
Assigned document requests will display in the Pending my actions section.
In this example, you've been requested to review and act on the diversity and inclusion policy.
Expand the request to view the signature flow indicating who are the other recipients to review and act.
This icon indicates whether they've completed their part.
Review the document, then use the tabs or annotation buttons to direct you where to complete the details requested.
Click Finish when you're done.
After the form has been completed and signed by all required parties, the document will be saved to the employee docs folder chosen by the requester with the subject employee's name in the title.
It can be downloaded, printed, or deleted by a user with permissions to view the employee folder.
Now, let's look at the employee handbook document requested for read approval.
Review the document, then confirm you've read and accepted.
Once approved, the document will be stored within the folder the requester assigned and can be viewed based on the permissions set.
Thank you for tuning in to hear about My requests in Docs.
See you next time.
- From the left menu, select Docs > My requests.
- View the documents assigned to you, the Assigned date, who it was Assigned by, and the action requested from you.
Note: You will see pending requests only once recipients before you have signed the document.
- Click Read and approve or Review and act to view the document.
- If you are required to sign a document, enter the date signed and your signature in each requested area and click Save.
- Click I have read and accepted or Finish.
The request will be approved once the final recipient has completed the request, and the document will move to My docs or People's docs with the employee’s name in the file name.
How to view and manage docs pending for others
People's requests in Docs allow you to manage document requests pending people's actions in one dedicated place.
In this video, we'll learn how to view and track documents requested for people you manage.
Let's get started.
From the left menu, select Docs, then People's requests.
Admins and those with permission can see pending documents for people they manage.
Search for specific requesters or people the document is requested for by document name, dates, and more to find document requests easily.
Use the column picker and filters to look for specific people and documents.
See the status of each document, when it was assigned, the recipients, and more.
Remind people to complete their document requests by nudging them or delete the request if it's no longer applicable.
You can check out eSign status here.
Once document requests for eSign have been made, Admins and those with permission can view the status of eSign requested documents, view the template name, who uploaded the form, when the form was last assigned, and how many people have and still need to sign the document.
From the Actions dropdown menu, select Download doc status to export document request actions.
Delete the template if it is no longer relevant to your company.
Use the eSign status report in Analytics to personalize how you view request completion status along with other columns you choose.
This report also includes an additional verification of the signer by collecting their IP address of the device they signed through.
Once approved, the documents will be stored within the folder the requester assigned and can be viewed based on the permissions set.
Thank you for tuning in to hear about People's requests in Docs.
See you next time.
In the People’s requests section, you can view which documents are pending for other people and take action. You can sort the documents either by the people assigned to take the actions on them or by the people the documents belong to.
- From the left menu, select Docs > People’s requests.
- View the documents assigned to others, the request type, status, the recipients within the approval flow, and who it was requested by.
Tip: Use the search icon and column picker to filter and manage many document requests.
- You can cancel a request in this area if a document request signature or read approval is no longer relevant to the employee or nudge people to complete a signature document request.
Note: You need permission to view and act on document requests.
How to set permissions for people viewing documents requests
Your request permissions will define which options will be available to each user type in the Doc requests. Set permissions for how people in the company can use and access People’s requests.
- From the left menu, select Settings > Permission groups.
- Select the group you'd like to manage doc requests permissions, such as Managers.
- Click Edit permissions.
- From the People’s data tab, select Docs > Requests.
- Mark or unmark the checkbox to enable or disable Manage selected employee requests and View selected employee requests.
- Click Save when you're finished adding or removing permissions, then click Apply after reviewing the summary of changes.