My requests and People’s requests in Docs are where you can view the status of files for you and others and take quick actions in one dedicated place. Here you can track where documents stand and whether they need to be read or signed by you in My requests or by members of your team in People’s requests. Once the read approval or signature is completed, they’ll move to My Docs or People’s Docs.
How to view docs pending my actions
- From the left menu, select Docs > My requests.
- View the documents assigned to you, the Assigned date, who it was Assigned by, and the action requested from you.
Note: You will see pending requests only once recipients before you have signed the document.
- Click Read and approve or Review and act to view the document.
- If you are required to sign a document, enter the date signed and your signature in each requested area and click Save.
- Click I have read and accepted or Finish.
The request will be approved once the final recipient has completed the request, and the document will move to My docs or People's docs with the employee’s name in the file name.
How to view and manage docs pending for others
In the People’s requests section, you can view which documents are pending for other people and take action. You can sort the documents either by the people assigned to take the actions on them or by the people the documents belong to.
- From the left menu, select Docs > People’s requests.
- View the documents assigned to others, the request type, status, the recipients within the approval flow, and who it was requested by.
Tip: Use the search icon and column picker to filter and manage many document requests.
- You can cancel a request in this area if a document request signature or read approval is no longer relevant to the employee or nudge people to complete a signature document request.
Note: You need permission to view and act on document requests.
How to set permissions for people viewing documents requests
Your request permissions will define which options will be available to each user type in the Doc requests.
To set permissions for how people in the company can use and access Requests:
- From the left menu, select Settings > Roles & Permissions.
- Click Manage for the group you would like to manage doc requests permissions, such as Managers.
- From Manage Permissions, select the Other Employees tab.
- Select Docs on the left-hand side, then select Requests.
- Enable or disable View selected employee requests, and Manage selected employee requests if you’d like to take action.
- Click Save changes.