Easing the process of setting up new employees, you can create templated New Hire wizards so that you have exactly the right wizard ready to go every time you add a new hire. When setting up each of these templates, all of the fields, documents, and tasks that need to be completed as part of adding a new hire are defined.
Get the most out of Bob
The New Hire wizard helps you streamline the process of adding new hires. The wizard guides you through all of the necessary steps to add a new hire to the system, such as entering the employee's basic information, attaching documents to their profile, defining their payroll, benefits, and time off policies, all in one go.
How to add a new hire
- From the left menu, select People > Directory.
- Click + New hire.
- Select the most suitable new hire template for your new joiner from the dropdown menu.
- Click Start.
Step 1: Employee details
- Enter the details, including Basic Info, Personal, Personal Contact Details, Work, Work Contact Details, Work Eligibility, and Payroll.
Note: An ID is automatically generated for every employee in the Work section. You can also enter your own ID instead in the Employee ID field.
- Click Next.
The employee record is now created.
Step 2: Time Off policies
- To assign a Time off policy, select the desired policy and it will be displayed on the right side of the page.
Note: To remove a policy assignment simply hover over the policy on the right side of the page and click the bin icon.
- Click Next.
Note: You can select up to one Time Off policy for each Time Off policy type.
Step 3: Benefits
- Hover over a benefit, then click Enroll to select that benefit for the employee or Eligible to make that benefit available for the employee to select.
- Enter the requested information about the employee and employer contributions.
- Click Save.
Step 4: Documents
This page is divided into two sections:
- Requests: This section might have a pre-set of docs that the new joiner will be requested to read and approve. The requested docs are managed by the configured new hire template but you can always add your own. You may override or add specific recipients formerly input into the eSign template here.
- Employee docs: This section shows all the docs folders the new joiner applies to. Some of them can be shared with them and some are confidential. You can upload docs to these folders and see whether the folder is shared or not.
- Select eSign to expand, then click the pencil icon to add documents for the employee to sign. You may click the three-dot menu to the right of the document, select Edit, select or override recipients, then click Add.
- Select Read approval to expand, then click the + icon
- Select Shared Docs to expand, then click the + icon to add documents for the employee to view.
Note: They will be stored in the employee’s shared folder.
- Select Confidential Docs to expand, then click the + icon to add documents to the employee’s secret folder which only Admins or Managers with special permissions can view.
Note: Repeat as needed for any kind of folder you might have.
- Click Next.
Tip: Add documents to custom employee docs folders.
Step 5: Task list details
From the dropdown menu, select a task. Task lists will be triggered once the new hire flow has been completed.
- Click Next.
Step 6: Invite employee
- Choose when to invite your new hire to join:
- Now: First, an invitation will be sent immediately to the employee's personal email for pre-boarding (so the new employee can fill in the required details). The second invitation will be sent to the employee's work email on their start date, along with an invitation to join.
- On start date: An invitation will only be sent to an employee's work email on the new hire's start date. Selecting this option will also allow you to choose whether the employee will go through the onboarding process or not.
- Before start date: Schedule the invitation to be sent a number of days before the start date to the employee's personal email for pre-boarding (so the new employee can fill in the required details). The second invitation will be sent to the employee's work email on their start date, along with an invitation to join.
- Don't invite: Disable the invite option. An automatic invitation will not be sent. You can always invite them manually to join Bob.
- From the dropdown menu, select the onboarding template that's right for them.
- Add the employee's personal email.
- Click Done.
How do I edit a saved New Hire wizard?
After the first time you click Next within the wizard it will save. You can edit the New Hire wizard anytime until the employee’s start date. From their start date all changes must be made from their Profile page.