The New Hire wizard helps streamline the process when adding new hires. You'll be guided through all the necessary steps to add a new hire to the system, including entering the employee's basic information, attaching documents to their profile, and defining their payroll, benefits, and time off policies.
Get the most out of Bob
Set up a New Hire flow to ensure that a wizard with exact requirements is ready every time you add a new hire. In each template, all the fields, documents, and tasks needed to be completed as part of adding a new hire are defined.
How to add a new hire
- From the left menu, select People.
- Click Directory.
- Click + New hire.
- From the new hire template dropdown menu, select the most suitable new hire template for your new hire.
You can always add, view, and edit new hire flows in the Flows tab in Settings.
- Click Start.
Step 1: Details
- Enter the details, including Basic Info, Personal, Personal Contact Details, Work, Work Contact Details, Work Eligibility, and Payroll.
Note: An ID is automatically generated for every employee in the Work section. You can choose to enter your own ID in the Employee ID field.
- Click Next.
The employee record is now created and you've successfully created a new employee profile. Keep updating this person's data.
Step 2: Time off
Note: This will only appear in your Wizard if you enabled Time off in Step 3: Features within Set up a New Hire Flow.
- To assign a Time off policy, select the desired policy and it will be displayed on the right side of the page.
- To remove a policy assignment simply hover over the policy on the right side of the page and click the bin icon.
- Click Next.
Note: You can select up to one Time Off policy for each Time Off policy type.
Step 3: Benefits
- Hover over a benefit, click Enroll to select that benefit for the employee, and click Eligible to make that benefit available for an employee.
- Enter the requested information about the employee and employer contributions.
- Click Save.
Step 4: Docs
The Requests section will be available to the new employee in their onboarding process,
The Employee docs section will enable new employees to see only folders that are shared with them.
- Expand Read approval, click on the folder icon, select From Company Docs or From Your Computer, mark the checkbox(es) of the docs, and click Add. Then, Drop files or browse files.
- Expand Confidential Docs, click on the folder icon, select From Company Docs or From Your Computer, mark the checkbox(es) of the docs, and click Add. Then, Drop files or browse files.
Note: Repeat as needed for any kind of folder you might have.
- Expand Shared Docs, click on the folder icon, select From Company Docs or From Your Computer, mark the checkbox(es) of the docs, and click Add. Then, Drop files or browse files.
Note: They'll be stored in the employee’s shared folder.
- Click Next.
Tip: Add documents to custom employee docs folders.
Step 5: Tasks
- From the dropdown menu, select a template for the task.
Task lists will be triggered once the new hire flow has been completed.
- Click Next.
Step 6: Invite
- Enable Invite employee.
- Choose when you'd like to invite your new hire:
- Now: An invitation will be sent to the employee's personal email immediately for pre-boarding so that the new employee can complete the required details. The second invitation is sent to the employee's work email on their start date, along with an invitation to join.
- On start date: An invitation will only be sent to an employee's work email on the new hire's start date. Selecting this option allows you to choose whether the employee will go through the onboarding process or not.
- Before start date: Schedule the invitation to be sent a number of days before the start date to the employee's personal email for pre-boarding (so that the new employee can complete the required details. The second invitation will be sent to the employee's work email on their start date, along with an invitation to join.
- From the Onboarding template dropdown menu, select the suitable onboarding template.
- Add Employee personal Email.
- Click Done.
How do I edit a saved New Hire wizard?
After you've clicked Next for the first time within the wizard it will save. You can edit the New Hire wizard anytime until the employee’s start date. From their start date, all changes must be made from their Profile page.
Tip: Easily find your saved New Hire Wizards by searching for Hired employees using the Lifecycle filter in the People Directory.
A custom permission group member with permission to add new hires received a notification in the New Hire wizard that they don't have permission to add Time off. What permissions do I need to give to this custom permission group?
Your custom permission group that can add new hires also needs the following permissions enabled in the Other employees tab of the Manage permissions section:
- See and Adjust selected people's time off and sick leave balances
- Create, edit, and cancel people's requests that haven't been approved yet
- The Applies to section should include Lifecycle status equals Hired.