Payroll Hub is a centralized dashboard providing a simplified, secure, and efficient connection between Bob and most payroll systems.
FYI: This module is available only for accounts that have purchased Payroll hub. To learn more, see HiBob's HRIS features.
Get the most out of Bob
- Improve your payroll data accuracy and processing efficiency by providing a constant stream of up-to-date data with seamless transfer into the vast majority of payroll systems.
- Save time and help avoid costly mistakes.
- Streamline payroll operations and data across systems and sites, review past cycles with downloadable payroll cycle reports, and more.
- Test payroll integrations with confidence in Sandbox. To learn more, see Getting started with Sandbox and contact customer support to have payroll integrations enabled in Sandbox.
FYI: This capability is available only for accounts that have purchased Sandbox. To learn more, see HiBob's HRIS features.
Before you begin
Familiarize yourself with Payroll hub terms with the Payroll hub glossary.
Syncing payroll data across systems requires thinking ahead about how you’d like to set up your pay cycles and integrations.
Use this general checklist with your payroll and IT colleagues before initiating the integration and setup process:
- How many pay cycles do you have?
- Who in your organization will be the pay cycle’s owner(s)?
- What is your pay cycle's frequency?
- When would you like to review the information before the cycle closes indefinitely?
- How many days after your cycle’s end date is your pay day?
- What is the frequency of each pay cycle?
- When does each cycle start?
- What payroll systems (from software to methods, like bureaus) do you plan to use for each pay cycle?
- For each payroll system, check: What fields and values are set up in Bob? How do the fields and values correspond to the payroll system(s)? Which fields would I like updated in the payroll system(s)?
Note: Each payroll system may have different fields and value mappings. You may need to derive data from the payroll system as part of the integration. You can access this data from the help articles created for each integration.
How to enable the Payroll hub feature
- From the left menu, select Settings > manage features.
- Enable Payroll hub.
Payroll is enabled and you should see it appear as a tab in the left menu.
How to assign permissions for Payroll admins
If your payroll manager is not an admin in your Bob account, you should set a special permissions group for the payroll manager/s, for them to use the Payroll hub.
- From the menu, select Settings > Roles and permissions.
- Click on + Add group.
Or click + Add another group If one or more permissions groups already exist.
- Name the permission group; e.g., “Payroll admin.”
- Select Who’s in this group by clicking the + Select button. Choose one or more people. Make sure you select only the people who will need access to the Payroll hub.
- Under Manage permissions, select the Company tab.
- From the left list, click Reports > Payroll connect > View and export Payroll reports.
- Click Save changes.
Note: Make sure that the payroll manager has permission to view employees’ sensitive data (such as salary, bonuses. etc.). These permissions are not related to Payroll hub and must be granted separately. For more details about setting up permissions in groups, see Create a group.
Set up a payroll system integration with Bob
Now that permissions have been set up, the next step is to set up the integration. This step can be performed by admins only.
Use the following help articles to get started with your integration setup:
- ADP Workforce Now API (US/Canada) integration
- ADP Workforce Now Export integration
- Paylocity integration
- Trinet integration
- Xero Australia integration
- Xero UK integration
- ADP Total Source integration
- Payroll Connect for custom payroll connections
- Payfit integration
- Pento integration
Create a Pay cycle
Once the integration is set up, it’s time to create pay cycles. Pay cycles can be created by admins only.
You can create one or more pay cycles as needed.
Each will generate a streamlined payroll dashboard in the Payroll hub that will proactively provide alerts for you to spot and resolve issues before they occur and quickly scan and validate data pre-sync.
When you say “go,” the Payroll hub seamlessly maps, transforms, and syncs to your payroll system, saving hours every pay cycle.
To learn more, see Set up a pay cycle.