The Payroll hub is where you can view all the payroll reports that have been generated for each of the payroll cycles you have set up - for both open and closed cycles.
Use it to resolve any errors and manually sync the report data with your payroll system or SFTP server, or export it for upload to the payroll system.
FYI: This module is available only for accounts that have purchased Payroll hub. To learn more, see HiBob's HRIS features.
Before you begin
Make sure you have:
How to view payroll data
To open the Payroll hub, from the left menu, select Payroll.
The page is split into two tabs:
- Open cycles: shows the upcoming payroll cycles that are open - from the cycle start date till the end of the pay day.
- Closed cycles: contains a table showing all pay cycles that were closed, i.e. the pay day has passed.
How to review a current pay cycle report
You can view the latest data in a payroll report at any time during the current pay cycle.
- From the left menu, select Payroll.
- In the Open Cycles tab, click the arrow to the left of the pay cycle name.
A table listing the reports generated for the pay cycle will open, showing the Name of the report, the report Type and the Target format, i.e., the name of the Payroll system the report will be sent to.
Note: Up to four Types of reports can be generated for each pay cycle: New Employees Report, Employee Changes Report, Termination Report and Time Off Report.
- Click the report row in the table.
The report page will open, displaying details of all employees included in the report as of today.
E.g., If a new employee was added to Bob today, their details will appear in the New Employees Report along with anyone else who joined since the start of the current pay cycle.
Everything you can do on the payroll report page
Each payroll report contains a range of functionalities, allowing you to switch to other reports within the cycle, fix errors, sync records or schedule the sync, and more.
- To switch to another report within the same pay cycle, click the left dropdown. If the cycle contains only one report this field is read only.
- To view the same report from a previous cycle, click the right dropdown. For reports from an earlier year, select the year to see all of the reports for that year.
- If the report can be synced via API or sent to an SFTP server, click Schedule sync to set up a schedule for the report data to regularly be sent to the payroll system. Or click Sync X records to manually sync the selected records with the payroll system.
- If the report is export-only - e.g., if it is run via Payroll Connect - click Export X records to export the report as a CSV or XLS file. This downloads the report data in the format ready to be uploaded to the payroll system.
- If the connection with the payroll system is down or the report contains any errors, a notification strip will be shown above the report.
The report table shows all of the data that will be sent to the payroll system when the report is synced or downloaded.
Note: The table will show the Bob fields. However, when the data is downloaded, syned or exported it will be converted into the payroll system's format according to the data mapping configured in the integration set-up wizard.
- To manually change the status of all or some of the employee records, check one or more checkboxes and from the Actions dropdown select Mark as Completed, Mark as pending or Mark as synced/Mark as exported.
- When a record is marked as Exported, Synced or Completed it will not be included in the next export or sync.
- The Completed status is used to manually mark records. E.g., to mark all of exported records after they have been uploaded to the payroll sytem. Or if new hires have been approved in the payroll system.
- To filter the report by status, click the Status dropdown at the top right, check the desired boxes and click Apply.
- To reorder the columns either drag the column headers or click the Column picker icon and in the Reorder columns popup, drag the column names
- To download the data in the table as either a CSV or XLS file, click the Download icon. This downloads the data as shown in Bob (not the data that will be sent to the payroll system when it is synced or exported).
- The Sync status column shows the current status of the employee record. One of five status will be shown: Pending, Synced, Exported, Sent to SFTP or Completed.Note:
All statuses apart from Completed are automatically assigned to employee records. If the record has not been synced, exported or sent to SFTP it will be marked as Pending.
- If an employee record was pushed from the previous cycle because it was not synced/exported and is still in Pending status, a purple lightning icon will be displayed next to the Pending status.
- To review errors in an employee record, hover over the error icon in the second column in the table. To learn more, see How to view and resolve errors.
How to review closed pay cycle reports
The Closed cycles tab contains a list of all the reports that were included in all of the cycles that have already closed.
Each row in the table shows the details for one report. So if a cycle includes four reports, they will be shown on separate rows.
Note: Closed cycles reports are only available for review and sync while the configuration of the related integration and pay cycle are not modified.
- To open the report, click on the report row.
- To download the report, click the three-dot menu at the end of the row and select Download.
- To filter the table by pay cycle, click the Pay cycle dropdown, select the desired reports and click Apply.
- To filter the table by Pay day, click Advanced, select Pay day from the first dropdown, select the conditions and click Apply.
Why are my new hires not being shown in the New Employee Report?
New hires should appear in the report if the Hired lifecycle condition has been selected for this payroll provider. From the left menu, select Settings > Pay cycles. On the payroll provider tile, click Manage. In the Assign to section, the Lifecycle status equals Hired should be displayed. If it is not, select the Select by condition radio button, click Edit, click + Add condition, select By field and select Lifecycle status equals Hired.
Why are employees terminated in this cycle not shown in the Termination Report?
Terminated employees should appear in the report if the Terminated lifecycle condition has been selected for this payroll provider. From the left menu, select Settings > Pay cycles. On the payroll provider tile, click Manage. In the Assign to section, the Lifecycle status equals Terminated should be displayed. If it is not, select the Select by condition radio button, click Edit, click + Add condition, select By field and select Lifecycle status equals Terminated.
Can I limit the Employee Changes Report to show only employees in Pending status?
Sure! When you open the report, from the Status dropdown at the top of the screen, select Pending.