Congratulations on your new site! Now, let’s get it set up on the platform. In this article, we summarize the typical settings used by Norwegian-operated companies but be sure to read Add a site and choose your company’s relevant options in terms of standards and way of work.
How to configure Norwegian site settings
- From the left menu, select Settings > Sites.
- Click + Add New.
Step 1: Details
- Under Details, enter the site Name and Address details.
- Click Upload image (optional), then Next.This image will be used to identify the site.
Step 2: Formatting
This step will define the formatting for all the site’s users.
Note: While the most common formatting choices for Norwegian-operated companies are listed below, be sure to customize these according to your company’s standards and way of work.
- From the Language dropdown menu, select Norwegian Bokmål (Norge) or the language that you’d like to apply to the site.
- From the Currency dropdown menu, select NOK (kr) or the currency that you’d like to apply to the site’s operations.
- From the Time zone dropdown menu, select (GMT+1) Central European Time (Europe/Oslo).
- From the Time format dropdown menu, select 24 hours or the format that you wish to apply to this site.
- From the Date format dropdown menu, select DD-MM-YYYY, or the date format that you wish to apply to the site.
- From the First day of the week dropdown menu, select Monday, or the relevant day for your company’s operations to start the week on your new site.
- Click Next.
Step 3: Calendar
Site event calendars help managers and employees manage their time by letting them know the dates of upcoming public holidays and company events in the country or region.
Note: Ensure that the site's calendar template is added to your Calendars list in Bob before getting started.
How to add the relevant calendars for Norway
- From the left menu, select Settings > Calendars.
- Click Add calendar.The Add calendar popup opens.
- Enter a Calendar name.
- Enter a Description.
- Pick the Norway holiday calendar or the other relevant calendar Template. Select the Language in which the calendar will be displayed.Note: The calendar will appear in this language irrespective of who is viewing it.
- A preview of the calendar will be displayed in the popup.
- Click Add calendar.
- You will be taken to the Edit calendar details view where you can make any changes to the calendar.
- Once a calendar has been added it will appear at the top of the Calendars list and will be available for selection in the Site settings.A table will then auto-generate a list showing you every Holiday name and Date.
Step 4: Workweek
Define the days in a standard workweek for people working at this site.
Note: While the following settings are recommended for Norway, be sure to review your company policies and select the most relevant ones for your operations.
- In Working day pattern, select Based on days worked or Hours worked as based on your company policy. This can be a 37.5 Hour week, 5 days or 7.5-hour days.
- From the Working day pattern dropdown menu, checkmark the Week Days, e.g., mark Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.
- From the Hours per day dropdown menu, select 7.5 hours per day (based on a 37.5-hour week) or your company’s standard.
- Click Next.
Step 5: Summary
Review all the details of your site and click Save.