A Flow, short for workflow, is an automated sequence of steps that allows you to streamline a process; they ensure that every step on your “to do” list gets completed and that everyone involved in the process is notified and aligned. To learn more about Flows, see Getting started with Flows.
If you have created custom fields that are specifically relevant to your Australian site, it’s recommended that you organize them in Onboarding flows that will apply to Australian sites.
How to create an Onboarding Flow for Australia
Tip: Learn the basics of creating an Onboarding flow with Set up an Employee Onboarding Flow.
Note: This flow will ask your new hire to fill in some personal details, submitting documents, when they get an email invitation to join Bob.
- Click Settings > Flows.
- Ensure that you are in the Employee Onboarding tab.
- Click + Add new.
Step 1: Template details
- Under Name, enter, for example, “Onboarding - Australia 🇦🇺.”
- Under Description (optional).
- Click Next.
Step 2: Welcome message
Note: This is the first screen your new employees will see after they start the onboarding process. Here you can say hello, tell them a bit about your company, and prepare them for their next adventure. You can also upload a photo or share a video.
- Under Message, enter your welcome message.
- Under Media, if relevant, Upload an image or add a link to a video focusing on the culture or welcoming your new hire to the company.
Step 3: Employee details
Select which fields will be a part of the onboarding process. For Australian sites the following are believed to be most relevant. This list includes the suggested custom fields as per Employee Fields:
- From the Basic Info dropdown menu, select First name, Last name, and Middle name.
- Under the Personal dropdown menu, mark Title, Pronouns, and Birth date.
- Under the Personal contact details dropdown menu, mark Personal email and Personal mobile.
- Mark Identification,if relevant.
- Mark Address, if relevant.
- Under the Home dropdown menu, mark Gender.
- Under the About dropdown menu, mark About, Social - LinkedIn, Hobbies, Superpowers, and Food preferences.
- Under the Financial dropdown menu, mark Account name, BSB code, and Account number.
- If you have created a new category for Superannuation, mark all the relevant fields such as Superannuation fund name, Superannuation member number, Superannuation ABN, and Unique Superannuation Identifier (USI).
- Under the Payroll dropdown menu, mark Tax File Number (TFN).
- Under the Right to Work dropdown menu, mark Right to Work type, Right to Work number, Right to Work expiry date, Right to Work issued by, Right to Work valid from, and Right to Work application date.
- Under EEO, mark Do you identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander?.
- Under the Emergency dropdown menu, mark Emergency contact's first name, Emergency contact's last name, Emergency contact's relationship, Emergency contact's mobile phone number, Emergency contact's email, Emergency contact's city of residence, Emergency contact's postcode and Emergency contact's country of residence.
Step 4: Introductions
- Under Introduce teammates, select Show employees from the same Department, Show teammates who share the same manager, or Don’t show this section.
- Under Introduce key people, choose employees your new team member should know about, e.g., their Manager or HRBP.
- Click Next.
Step 5: Welcome email
- In Pre-boarding email, enter the Subject and Compose email. Note: This is the first email your new employee will get and it will be sent before their start date. Here, you can invite them to the onboarding process. On their first day, they'll get access to the platform.
- Under Subject, enter your subject.
- Under Compose email, enter your email.
Step 6: Docs
- You can Enable Onboarding Requirement by marking Make the Docs steps Mandatory.This is optional depending on your company needs. You may want to ask new hires to upload any required identification documentation or qualifications.
- If you want to ask your new hires to upload documents as part of the onboarding process, enable Request the new jointer to upload documents.
- In Company docs, mark Enable company docs on this template to show your new employees the company docs folders they have access to.
- Click Done.