A Flow, short for workflow, is an automated sequence of steps that allows you to streamline a process; they ensure that every step on your “to do” list gets completed and that everyone involved in the process is notified and aligned. To learn more about Flows, see Getting started with Flows.
If you have created custom fields that are specifically relevant to your Swedish site, it’s recommended that you organize them in local New Hire and Onboarding flows that will apply to this and any additional Swedish sites.
How to create an Onboarding Flow for Sweden
Tip: Learn the basics of creating an Onboarding flow with Set up an Employee Onboarding Flow.
Note: This flow will ask your new hire to fill in some personal details, submitting documents, when they get an email invitation to join Bob.
- Click Settings > Flows.
- Click the Employee Onboarding tab.
- Click + Add new.
Step 1: Template details
- Under Name, enter, for example, “Onboarding - Sweden 🇸🇪.”
- Under Description (optional).
- Click Next.
Step 2: Welcome message
Note: This is the first screen your new employees will see after they start the onboarding process. Here you can say hello, tell them a bit about your company, and prepare them for their next adventure. You can also upload a photo or share a video.
- Under Message, enter your welcome message.
- Under Media, if relevant, Upload an image or add a link to a video focusing on the culture or welcoming your new hire to the company.
Step 3: Employee details
Select which fields will be a part of the onboarding process. For Swedish sites the following are believed to be most relevant. This list includes the suggested custom fields as per Employee Fields:
- From the Basic Info dropdown menu, select First name, Last name, and Middle name.
- Under the Personal dropdown menu, mark Pronouns, and Birth date.
- Under the Personal contact details dropdown menu, mark Personal email and Personal mobile.
- Under the Identification dropdown menu, mark Personnummer.
- Mark Address, if relevant.
- Under the Home dropdown menu, mark Children (birth dates).
- Under the About dropdown menu, mark About, Social - LinkedIn, Hobbies, Superpowers, and Food preferences.
- Under the Financial dropdown menu, mark Kontohavare, Kontonummer, IBAN, SWIFT code, Sort code.
- Under the Payroll dropdown menu, mark A-skattsedel.
- Under the Right to Work / Work eligibility dropdown menu, mark Right to Work / Work eligibility type, Right to Work / Work eligibility number, Right to Work / Work eligibility expiry date, Right to Work / Work eligibility issued by, Right to Work / Work eligibility valid from, and Right to Work / Work eligibility application date.
- Under the Emergency dropdown menu, mark Emergency contact's first name, Emergency contact's last name, Emergency contact's relation, Emergency contact's mobile phone number, Emergency contact's email, Emergency contact's city of residence, Emergency contact's country of residence and Declaration of consent.
Step 4: Introductions
- Under Introduce teammates, select Show employees from the same Department, Show teammates who share the same manager, or Don’t show this section.
- Under Introduce key people, choose employees your new team member should know about, e.g., their Manager or HRBP.
- Click Next.
Step 5: Welcome email
- In Pre-boarding email, enter the Subject and Compose email.
Note: This is the first email your new employee will get and it will be sent before their start date. Here, you can invite them to the onboarding process. On their first day, they'll get access to the platform.
- Under Subject, enter your subject.
- Under Compose email, enter your email.
Step 6: Docs
- Mark the checkbox Make the Docs step mandatory if you’d like to make sure new joiners upload, read and sign docs in order to continue the onboarding flow.
The Submit button will be disabled until all document requests are fulfilled.
- All requests must be fulfilled, including eSign, Read approvals, and Upload (at least one file).
- If a new joiner deletes all uploaded files, the system will prevent them from continuing the flow until they’ve uploaded at least one file again.
- Click + Add upload request if you’d like your new joiner to upload documents as part of the onboarding process.
- Enter request instructions so new hires know what to upload.
- From the dropdown menu, select the folder you’d like the uploads to be saved so the new hire does not need to select a folder. Click Add.
Note: If the new joiners are requested to upload a doc, they need permission to upload docs to at least one employee folder or the configured folder and applied to the folder. You can allow it by editing any permission group the new joiner belongs to in Settings > Permission groups. You can apply an employee to a folder in Settings > Docs > Employee folders.
- Mark the checkbox Enable company docs on this template if you would like to show your new joiner the company docs folders they have access to.
- Click Done.
The new Employee Onboarding template will be saved in Flows.
Note: If the new joiner is required to read and approve any documents from the New Hire wizard settings, they will be able to read and approve these documents during onboarding.