The SCIM integration allows you to import and update users from bob into Okta.
Okta will pull Employee, Department, Site and simple list data (e.g. country) into Okta as 'groups' that can be used to create rules in OKTA.
This article provides you with instructions on how to add more fields beyond the ones listed in the OKTA SCIM integration set up article.
Setting Up Custom Field Mapping in Okta
Step 1: Requesting information from Hibob
If you require additional or custom fields then you will first need to reach out to our Customer Experience team with your fields in bob so that they can provide you with the external name for each field.
Step 2: Pulling the data from bob
In this step you'll create the bob fields in Okta so that you can later associate them with the custom Okta fields.
- Navigate to the Directory > Profile editor > bob application > profile > Add attribute
- Input the external name given by Hibob (e.g. managerID) in the External Name field
- Input the following in the External namespace field: urn:ietf:params:scim:schemas:core:2.0:User
When you're done, click Save. If you have multiple fields to add, you can click Save and Add Another and repeat this step and save once you've inputted all of the bob fields.
Step 3: Creating the custom fields in Okta
- Return to to the Profile editor, then click Okta on the left bar and click Profile.
- Input the name that you'd like to see in the following:
- Display name: this is what will appear on the Okta interface, e.g. mangerId
- Variable name: this is a backend name for your reference
Click Save. Again, if you have multiple fields to add, you can click Save and Add Another and repeat this step and save once you're done.
You now have your new fields in Okta.
Step 4: Mapping the fields
- Go back to the Profile Editor, then click bob application > Mapping > Bob to Okta
- Add the mapping between the fields that were created in steps 2 and 3, the left side being the bob fields and the Okta custom fields on the right
Click Save Mappings and you're done!
Need more help? If you're unsure about anything please send us a message through the chat icon below.