The Employee Growth Rate KPI is one of a set of vital HR KPIs we have created in bob to help you track and analyze your organizational HR objectives, and optimize processes such as workplace management, employee programs, and more.
What is Employee Growth KPI?
An important tool to review and communicate company growth change over time, growth data is a central metric for your HR toolbox.
Located in the Growth category of KPIs in the Analytics module, the Growth Rate KPI expresses the difference between two headcount values over two periods of time, presented as a percentage of the first period:
Tip: A positive growth rate indicates you have more employees joining the company than leaving it.
How to use Employee Growth KPI
See the specific Growth rate for a particular month, quarter or, year.
- Select the period for which you would like to view growth rate data in the date field, in one of two ways: a. Preset Range: choose between preset periods like last 6 months or entire company history. b. Custom Month Range: select a From and To month from the calendar picker. *To select a single month click on the chosen month twice.
- Select the time period to view data for. You can choose between monthly, quarterly and yearly.
- Slice, dice and filter your data using the Grouped By and Filter drop-downs to focus on what is most important to you, such as: "what was the growth rate in the Sales department in the past year?"
- Click view more details in any chart to see all of the included employee data, and use the column picker to customize the information you see.
- Export your KPI chart or graph as a .png or .svg file and the employee data as an .xls or .csv file.
Tips for optimizing the Employee Growth Rate KPI
- Make sure your employees' start dates are up-to-date.
- Verify your permissions include viewing other employees' work and lifecycle sections.
Need more help? If you're unsure about anything please send us a message through the chat icon below.