The Time Taken KPI is one of a set of vital HR KPIs we have created in bob to help you track and analyze your organizational HR objectives and optimize processes such as workplace management, employee programs, and more.
What is the Time Taken KPI?
Located in the Absenteeism category of KPIs in the Analytics module, the Time Taken KPI provides you with information on the number of days off taken by employees for each of your Time Off policies. With Time Taken you can stay one step ahead of burnout and help your employees achieve a good work/life balance.
How to use the Time Taken KPI
When you head over to the Time Taken KPI, you can see the number of employees for a particular month, quarter, or year with a range of filters and groupings. Data is displayed for each period in the selected time range.
To get started with Time Taken KPI, follow these steps:
Step 1: Set up category view settings
You can set bob to view KPI data for a particular month, quarter, or year displayed over any time period. Whenever you configure these settings, it will impact how all of the KPI categories will be showcased in bob.
Step 2: Configure the Time Taken KPI
Define how you’d like to review the Time Taken KPI data. You can choose from an array of analytics options to view your data, including condition-based filtering, several different chart types, and more.
- To slice, dice and filter your data click on the Grouped By dropdown and choose what to focus on
- Click on the arrow ∨ to the right of the chart symbol
- Click on the desired chart type
Note: certain chart types may not be available in instances where they are irrelevant to the chosen data set.
- Click the subgroups in the legend to deselect them from the view, and click on them again so that they reappear on the chart
- Activate the Over time toggle to see the total sum of the KPI data over the entire period selected in the Date range described in Step 1. This will override the KPI category View setting.
a. For over time with the column or bar chart options, choose whether to activate the Stacked toggle to view these charts in a regular stacked bar view or over 100% of the chart’s area
- Activate the Values toggle to showcase the numerical value of the data set
- Click Apply
Note: activating or deactivating the Over time toggle impacts the available chart types.
To add additional filters, click the three dot menu followed by Filter
a. Use the dropdowns to select fields and configure conditions to filter by
b. Click + Add condition to create additional rules and repeat as many times as you'd like
c. To remove a condition, hover over it, and click the trash icon that appears to the right of the condition
d. Press Apply
9. To reset your chart configurations, click the three dot menu followed by Reset
10. To download the chart, click the three dot menu followed by Download and then the file type you’d like to download it as. You can export a chart as a .png, .jpeg, .pdf or .svg file.
11. To see the in-depth employee data included in the KPI view you have configured, click View more details under the chart
a. Click on a part of the chart (e.g. one of the bars in a bar chart or a segment in the donut chart). The table below the chart will display the data that specifically matches the grouping you selected, showing all of the people that belong to that group.
b. Use the column picker found in the top right of the table to add or remove employee information in the table
c. Click on the download button to the right of the column picker to download the employee data either as an .xlsx or .csv file
d. Click Back at the top left of your screen to return to the dashboard
Tips for optimizing the Time Taken KPI
- Make sure your company time off policies are up to date as the policy types are pulled from there
- Ensure that all employees are managing their time off correctly
- Verify your permissions include viewing other employees' work, lifecycle and time off sections
Need more help? If you're unsure about anything please send us a message through the chat icon below.