The Time Taken KPI is one of a set of vital HR KPIs we have created in bob to help you track and analyze your organizational HR objectives and optimize processes such as workplace management, employee programs, and more.
What is the Time Taken KPI?
Located in the Absenteeism category of KPIs in the Analytics module, the Time Taken KPI provides you with information on the number of days off taken by employees, for each of your Time Off policies. With Time Taken you can stay one step ahead of burnout and help your employees achieve a good work/life balance.
How to use Time Taken KPI
View the number of days or hours taken by employees for a particular month, quarter or year for each of your Time Off policies. Use a range of filters and groupings to gain in-depth insights from your data.
- Select the period for which you would like to view new employee data in the date field, in one of two ways: a. Preset Range: choose between preset periods like last 6 months or entire company history. b. Custom Month Range: select a From and To month from the calendar picker. *To select a single month click on the chosen month twice.
- Select the time period to view data for. You can choose between monthly, quarterly and yearly.
- Slice, dice and filter your data using the Grouped By and Filter drop-downs to focus on what is most important to you.
- Click view more details in any chart to see all of the included employee data, and use the column picker to customize the information you see.
- Export your Time Taken KPI chart or graph as a .png or .svg file and the employee data as an .xls or .csv file.
Tips for optimizing the Time Taken KPI
- Make sure your company time off policies are up-to-date.
- Ensure that all employees are managing their time off correctly.
- Verify your permissions include viewing other employees' work, lifecycle and time off sections.
Need more help? If you're unsure about anything please send us a message through the chat icon below.