Supporting your growing team and the frequent changes that need to be updated in your payroll system, bob’s set of ADP WFN tailored reports allow you to easily import all your payroll changes into ADP WFN, without any additional manual adjustments.
What are ADP WFN tailored payroll reports?
ADP WFN tailored payroll reports are a set of payroll data changes reports tailored to ADP Workforce Now’s required file format. Three reports ready for import to ADP WFN are generated every payroll cycle:
- New hires: new hires who joined during the current pay period
- Changes: payroll data changes made during the current pay period
- Terminations: employees terminated during the current pay period
How to use ADP WFN tailored reports
Please contact your Hibob account manager to get started with ADP WFN tailored reports.
Once implementation has been initiated by Hibob Customer Success, follow these steps:
Step 1: HiBob API token
Generate an API token from the bob admin account in order to pull the required
data from ADP WFN.
Step 2: Custom fields and data import
- Create the following custom fields: a. PositionID b. FileID (optional) - if Auto-Assign Next File Number is disabled in ADP WFN, you can either use the EmployeeID field in bob to generate the employee ID or use a custom field to store your FileID
- Import PositionID data from ADP to bob
Step 3: ADP account details
- Access your ADP Workforce Now account to collect the following information:
- Company code(s)
- Job titles
2. Map Departments and Job Titles values from HiBob to ADP WFN and send them
back to your Hibob account manager. Use the template ad provided by HiBob.
Generating payroll reports
bob collects all payroll related information throughout each pay period. This information is then pulled into three reports ready for export in ADP WFN file format: new hires, changes, and terminations reports.
To generate ADP WFN tailored reports follow these steps:
- Navigate to bob’s Reports area from the main menu
- Select Company Reports from the sub-menu
- Click to open the Payroll Reports folder
4. Click the download icon to the right of each report and select to save as .csv file. Do not modify the file name - any change to the name will result in failure to import into ADP WFN.
*You can download at any time during your pay cycle.
What data is included in ADP WFN tailored reports?
New hires report
Every new hire whose start date falls within the pay period and who has completed onboarding will be included in the New Hires Report.
bob collects ongoing payroll related changes throughout employees’ lifecycle. Changes whose effective data falls within the pay period are included in the Changes Report.
Payroll related information pertaining to an employee terminated during the pay period are included in the Terminations report.
The following fields are mapped for sending from bob to ADP:
Date of birth
Address Line 1
Address line 2
Salary Pay Frequency
Salary Pay Type
SUI/SDI Tax Jurisdiction Code
Reason for termination
This is the full list of bob and ADP WFN integration fields.
Uploading to ADP Workforce Now
After downloading the payroll reports from bob you will use ADP’s import function to upload the reports.
- Head over to ADP WFN and log in
- Use ADP WFN’s import area and upload your reports
- Import the PositionID created by ADP WFN for new hires to bob - this ID will be used to sync payroll information changes from bob to ADP WFN
Tips for optimizing
With the power of bob you can further assure the accuracy of your data and optimize your payroll process by setting up workflow automation and approval flows to make sure all changes are checked and double checked. Using these tools, you can rest assured that every piece of data and payroll related change is always accurate.
Need more help? If you're unsure about anything please send us a message through the chat icon below.