What is Okta SCIM v2.0 Integration?
The SCIM integration allows you to import and update users from bob into Okta.
Okta will pull Employee, Department, Site and simple list data (e.g. country) into Okta as 'groups' that can be used to create rules in OKTA.
The integration updates and creates users in Okta triggered by the following events:
- Employee created
- Employee left
- Profile updated
- Employee returned
How to use Okta SCIM v2.0 Integration
Step-by-Step Configuration Instructions
Configuration in bob
Step 1: Create service user
- Navigate to Settings > Integrations
- Click on the Service Users tile
3. Press on the New Service user button
4. Enter a name for the new service user you are creating
5. Click Save
6. An ID and Token will appear - write these down, you will need them later
Step 2: Set service user permissions
- Navigate to Settings > Roles & Permissions
- Select an existing group or + Add another group
- Click on the People category under Manage Permissions
- Open the Lifecycle section
- Select View selected employees' lifecycle sections if it is not already marked with a ✓
Configuration in Okta
Use Okta's Classic UI to configure the following.
- Login to Okta as an Administrator
- Search for and add the bob application.
Don't know how to add an application in Okta? Find out here
3. Navigate to Provisioning > Integration > Configure API integration
4. Mark Enable API Integration
5. Enter the bob service user ID into the Username field
6. Enter the bob service user token into the Password field
7. Press Save
8. Navigate to the Settings area
9. Click To Okta
10. Select email from the Okta username format dropdown in the General section
11. Press Save
Profile Mastering - May be additional cost from OKTA.
- Navigate to Provisioning > To Okta
- Under the Profile & Lifecycle Mastering section click Edit
- Check the box next to Allow bob to master Okta users
- If you would like to allow for automatic sync of reactivated users from bob to Okta check the boxes next to Reactivate suspended Okta users and Reactivate deactivated Okta users
- Press Save
You're done setting up! You're ready to sync users from bob to Okta now.
Need more help?
If you're unsure about anything, send us a message through the chat icon below.