How Does It Work?
When is a user created in JumpCloud?
Based on your configuration, bob can create a JumpCloud user once the user's profile has been created in bob, or based on employees' status in bob.
Possible bob triggers to create a new JumpCloud user:
- Employee created
- Employee joined
- Employee updated
Note: by default, users will begin synchronization on their start date.
Will employee updates be synced?
You can define when you want bob to sync to JumpCloud and deactivate users or to sync changes made to employee information in bob. You can choose your preferred behavior and field mappings: just contact bob's support team and let us know your preferences.
Possible bob events to trigger syncing:
- Employee updated in bob = User information synced in JumpCloud (according to defined field mapping)
- Employee activated in bob = User activated in JumpCloud
- Employee inactivated in bob = User deactivated in JumpCloud
- Employee deleted in bob = User deactivation in JumpCloud
Note: by default users will begin synchronization on their start date.
Setting up the Integration
Connection details: the JumpCloud API token must be filled in below.
See Authentication & Authorization - API Key on how to access the needed API key.
By default, employee active/inactive status in bob will be synced to JumpCloud. There are two additional possible behaviors as specified below. If you'd like to change from the default behavior, please contact bob's support team.
The supported options are
- Use bob employee status: If the bob employee is active, the newly created JumpCloud user will also be active. If the bob employee is inactive, the newly created JumpCloud user will be deactivated
- Always Activate: All created JumpCloud users will be active
- Always Suspend: All created JumpCloud users will be deactivated
Default user field mapping
You define how bob employee fields are mapped to JumpCloud fields. The synchronization of user information will be according to the user field mappings you define. The below table shows the default field mappings:
Note: bob employee email will be sanitized in order to obtain a valid username value.
Will users created before the JumpCloud integration was created be synchronized to JumpCloud?
Yes — bob users created before the JumpCloud integration will be synchronized in JumpCloud once one of the mapped properties is updated for an employee in bob. Users not yet created in JumpCloud will be created, while existing users will be updated. You can also request the bob support team to trigger all employees' synchronization to JumpCloud.
Is it possible to deactivate all newly created users in JumpCloud?
Yes — bob's support team can configure the JumpCloud integration so that all newly created users will be deactivated. The reverse is also possible: the integration can be configured so that all newly created users will be activated.
Need more help?
If you're unsure about anything, send us a message through the chat icon below.