The Attrition Rate KPI is one of a set of vital HR KPIs we have created in bob to help you track and analyze your organizational HR objectives, and optimize processes such as workplace management, employee programs, and more.
What is the Attrition Rate KPI?
Located in the Retention category of KPIs in the Analytics module, the Attrition Rate KPI refers to the percentage of employees who leave the company voluntarily over a period of time. The KPI is calculated using a 12 month sliding window based on the selected month. First the average number of employees is calculated for the selected 12 month period:
Then the Attrition Rate KPI is calculated using the average number of employees calculated above, along with all three voluntary termination types in bob (voluntary, voluntary - non regrettable, voluntary - regrettable):
The Attrition Rate metric reflects your retention efforts and is an excellent measure of company culture, employee satisfaction and engagement. Along with the Retention Rate and Turnover Rate KPIs, with attrition rate information you are able to identify possible problems that may need addressing to help you retain your talent.
How to use Attrition Rate KPI
Find out your company's attrition rate and specifics about new joiners and leavers, and filter according to your needs. Data is displayed for each month in the selected time range.
- Select the period for which you would like to view growth rate data in the date field, in one of two ways: a. Preset Range: choose between preset periods like last 6 months or entire company history. b. Custom Month Range: select a From and To month from the calendar picker. *To select a single month click on the chosen month twice.
- Select the time period to view data for. You can choose between monthly, quarterly and yearly.
- Slice, dice and filter your data using the Grouped By and Filter drop-downs to focus on what is most important to you, such as: "what is the attrition rate in the Sales department?"
- Click view more details in any chart to see all of the included employee data, and use the column picker to customize the information you see.
- Export your KPI chart or graph as a .png or .svg file and the employee data as an .xls or .csv file.
Tips for optimizing the Attrition Rate KPI data
- Make sure your employees' termination type, start and end dates are correct.
- Make sure you have permissions to view the work and lifecycle categories of other employees.
Need more help? If you're unsure about anything please send us a message through the chat icon below.