The Average Tenure KPI is one of a set of vital HR KPIs we have created in bob to help you track and analyze your organizational HR objectives, and optimize processes such as workplace management, employee programs, and more.
What is the Average Tenure KPI?
Located in the Retention category of KPIs in the Analytics module, the Average Tenure KPI provides you with the average length of time that an employee stays with your company. The KPI calculates the average length of service by all employees in the selected time interval:
Note: Tenure is calculated based on employee lifecycle events. In the case where an employee was placed on leave or rehired at anytime during their employment history, the calculation is includes only the periods when the employee was active, based on the lifecycle table.
How to use Average Tenure KPI
Find out the average length of time that an employee stays with your company, and filter the data according to your needs.
- Select the period for which you would like to view growth rate data in the date field, in one of two ways: a. Preset Range: choose between preset periods like last 6 months or entire company history. b. Custom Month Range: select a From and To month from the calendar picker. *To select a single month click on the chosen month twice.
- Select the time period to view data for. You can choose between monthly, quarterly and yearly.
- Select the desired currency from the Currency drop down
- Slice, dice and filter your data using the Grouped By and Filter drop-downs to focus on what is most important to you, such as: "what is the average tenure of people in the Sales department?"
- Click view more details in any chart to see all of the included employee data, and use the column picker to customize the information you see.
- Export your KPI chart or graph as a .png or .svg file and the employee data as an .xls or .csv file.
Tips for optimizing the Average Tenure KPI data
- Ensure all employees' work start and effective dates are up-to-date.
- Verify your permissions include viewing other employees' work and lifecycle sections.
Need more help? If you're unsure about anything please send us a message through the chat icon below.