The Average Age KPI is one of a set of vital HR KPIs we have created in bob to help you track and analyze your organizational HR objectives, and optimize processes such as workplace management, employee programs, and more.
What is the Average Age KPI?
Located in the Workforce Stability category of People Insights, the Average Age KPI provides you with the average age of all of your employee in one month periods. The KPI is calculated by the sum of age in years during a particular month, divided by the total number of employees during that month. Learning about the average age of employees at your company can help you improve your diversity and inclusion. Knowledge about your people's average age empowers you to identify the needs of a particular type of workforce, for instance you may find you have an aging workforce, and you'll be able to manage your people according to their specific needs.
How to use Average Age KPI
Always know the average age of your employees, and filter the data according to your needs.
- Select the period for which you would like to view new employee data in the date field, in one of two ways: a. Preset Range: choose between presets periods like last 6 months or entire company history. b. Custom Month Rage: select a From and To month from the calendar picker. *To select a single month click on the chosen month twice.
- Press on the Filter button to create a new filter so that you can focus on what is of interest to you, for instance: "what is the average age in the Sales department?"
- Export your Average Age KPI data to .xls or .csv file, and download the graph as a .png or .svg file.
Tips for optimizing the Average Age KPI data
- Make sure your employees' dates of birth are up-to-date.
- Verify your permissions include viewing other employees' work, lifecycle and personal sections.
Need more help? If you're unsure about anything please send us a message through the chat icon below.