The Employee Headcount KPI is one of a set of vital HR KPIs we have created in bob to help you track and analyze your organizational HR objectives, and optimize processes such as workplace management, employee programs, and more.
What is the Employee Headcount KPI?
Located in the Growth category of KPIs in the Analytics module, the Employee Headcount KPI provides data on the number of employees at your company in a selected month, according to the number of employees on the last day of the that period, taking into consideration employees placed on leave. An important tool to review and communicate company growth over time, headcount data is a central metric for your HR toolbox.
How to use Employee Headcount KPI
See the number of employees for a particular month with specifics about new joiners and leavers, along with a range of filters and groupings. Data is displayed for each month in the selected time range.
- Select the period for which you would like to view growth rate data in the date field, in one of two ways: a. Preset Range: choose between preset periods like last 6 months or entire company history. b. Custom Month Range: select a From and To month from the calendar picker. *To select a single month click on the chosen month twice.
- Select the time period to view data for. You can choose between monthly, quarterly and yearly.
- Select the desired currency from the Currency drop down
- Slice, dice and filter your data using the Grouped By and Filter drop-downs to focus on what is most important to you, such as: "how many employees are there in the Sales department?"
- Click view more details in any chart to see all of the included employee data, and use the column picker to customize the information you see.
- Export your KPI chart or graph as a .png or .svg file and the employee data as an .xls or .csv file.
Tips for optimizing the Employee Headcount KPI data
- Make sure your employees' start dates are up-to-date.
- Verify your permissions include viewing other employees' work and lifecycle sections.
Need more help? If you're unsure about anything please send us a message through the chat icon below.