The Gender Pay Gap KPI is one of a set of vital HR KPIs we have created in bob to help you track and analyze your organizational HR objectives, and optimize processes such as workplace management, employee programs, and more.
What is the Gender Pay Gap KPI?
Located in the Finance category of People Insights, the Gender Pay Gap KPI visualises the difference between average pay for men and women on your organization. The KPI is calculated by comparing the average pay for men as a group to the average pay for women as a group:
The KPI is especially useful for recognizing a gender pay gap as well as tracking success of pay gap based retention efforts. When considering results of the Pay Gap KPI, it is important to consider whether there may be valid reasons for a gap. If for instance average pay for men is found to by higher than for women in your company, it may be worth looking at how genders are dispersed through different job roles. The aim of the KPI is to help you find the gap so that you know where and what questions to look into.
How to use Gender Pay Gap KPI
Find out if and what extent of a gender pay gap you have, and use the filter to compare similarly situated male and female employees for instance. Specific salary data about current, new, and terminated employees' salaries as well as any salary changes in the selected month/s is shown as well.
- Select the period for which you would like to view new employee data in the date field, in one of two ways: a. Preset Range: choose between presets periods like last 6 months or entire company history. b. Custom Month Rage: select a From and To month from the calendar picker. *To select a single month click on the chosen month twice.
- Choose your preferred currency from the currency field. *Please note that the total salary presented may be affected by exchange rates.
- Press on the Filter button to create a new filter so that you can focus on what is of interest to you, for instance: "what is the gender pay gap rate in the Sales department?"
- Export your Gender Pay Gap KPI data to .xls or .csv file, and download the graph as a .png or .svg file.
Tips for optimizing the Gender Pay Gap KPI data
- Make sure all your employees' base salary is up-to-date.
- Verify your permissions include viewing other employees' work, lifecycle and payroll sections.
Need more help? If you're unsure about anything please send us a message through the chat icon below.