For Huawei, the recommended solution is to disable the OS’ Battery Optimization for Bob:
- Go to → Settings → Apps
- Tap the 3-dots button → Special access → Battery optimization
- On the top-left corner tap the “Not allowed” button and it to “All apps”
- Search for Bob and select it → select “Don’t allow”
Another thing we recommend (if available on your model):
- Phone settings → Battery → App launch and then set your app to “Manage manually” and make sure everything is turned on.
And last – "lock" bob, in order to prevent it from being closed by the OS:
- Open the bob app
- Tap the square icon at the bottom of the Android toolbar to see your recently opened apps
- Find the bob screenshot and drag it down, then release it
- Now a lock icon should appear on the bob screenshot
*Despite the term Battery optimization, switching to this state should not change the usage in a significant way. Bob is already optimized to use a very low battery power.